1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

GOD, that movie SUCKED hard.

heyabbott likes this.
  2. RonClements

Saw Ant Man yesterday and, while it's not the best Marvel has put out, it's still a fun movie that fits well into the Marvel universe. Paul Rudd was great, as was Evangeline Lilly. The Falcon appearance was great, but would've been nice to see the person on the other end of his remote conversation.
    Curious to see where they go next with it.

3. RonClements

Eh, killing for sport. I know another "intelligent species" that does that. Also, there is the communication with the raptors. They do use the lack of social skills as a reason for its rampage.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Seeing Vacation tonight. I had doubts when I heard about this project, but the trailers soothed those a bit. We'll see.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Starring Adam West on Showtime. What an interesting dude, and by appearances in the film, exceedingly nice. Exhibit A on the dangers of type casting. Plus, the movie was crowdfunded.

Liut likes this.
  6. novelist_wannabe

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. Loved it. I was really happy that they didn't give away too much in the trailers.

7. Jupiter Ascending ... Not a fan ... Took a while to understand the story, what was happening and why... and too much CGI... CGI is nice when used to help.

Dawn of Planet of the Apes (I'm late, I know) ... Good, not great movie. Solid.

Jim Gaffigan Mr. Universe. Hilarious. Very funny stuff.

8. RonClements

Jupiter Ascending had potential, but instead was a terrible movie.
    ‘Jupiter’ is a waste of originality - Stanly News and Press: Opinion

9. novelist_wannabe

Jupiter Ascending is on the very short list of worst movies I've ever seen.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Mission Impossible:Rogue Nation. Lot of fun, worth seeing.

11. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Lucy on Cinemax. I liked it, even though the "we only use 10% of our brains" is a BS myth. It has some problems, but it works well enough.

12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

"Inside Out." It's not showing where I live and I had to make an overnight visit to a city two hours away to see it.

And it was worth it. Fabulous movie. I can't pick my favorite Pixar movie, but it's up there.

And as I posted on another thread, I learned through previews that "Point Break" is getting a reboot. It hurts to say this, but it looked good.

Draft saved Draft deleted