1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

"Horrible Bosses 2": One big festering turd.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

A History of Violence on cable. Good David Cronenberg movie on how hard it is to escape your past. Vigo Mortensen stars. Came out just after Lord of the Rings movies.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Saw it over the weekend. Thought it was gawd awful. Not even in comparison to the original. Just not a funny movie on its own in the least.

John Hughes weeps. Whoever wrote this story/script ought to have their SAG credentials revoked.

Wish I had those two hours back.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ha. I loved it.

5. qtlaw24

qtlaw24 Active Member

Manhattan Murder Mystery; still hilarious; boy did Woody have a run in the 80's

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

An excellent companion piece might b "The Drop," which is on cable these days. Tom Hardy is excellent.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My son had me watch that. It was good.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Saw that last night. IDVR'd it because of the cast. It was good, never heard of it before it came on cable

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This had one of the most ingenious trailers I've ever seen, the one that says, "Why do the stunts look so real? Because they are real ..." and then it showed behind-the-scenes footage of Tom Cruise getting strapped to the outside of an airplane before it takes off. So cool.

And Tom Cruise may be a whacko, but he still makes some damn fine movies, does his own stunts and is far more watchable than most stars who have been on the big screen for 30-plus years.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What does "watchable" mean? I think he is in some good movies and has star power but is not very likable.

Matt Damon is likable. Chris Pratt is likeable.

SFIND likes this.
  11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

SJ Trivia: "A History of Violence" was filmed in Chris Jones' home town. I also filmed a cheesy Christmas movie there that is no danger of eclipsing "A History of Violence".

The more you know.

Ace likes this.
  12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Ant Man - decent flick

Draft saved Draft deleted