1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

, the Canadian said.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Last post about it, then I'm done with the fanboi looser stuff on this topic.

Steal signs if you can get away with it. Crowd the plate. I'd do both if I was a player, but don't act like you are shocked if the pitcher's way of discouraging both is to come high and tight.

And once again, 23 teams have hit more batters than KC this year. One team has been hit more times. There’s a common link between every player who has made a big show of taking issues with the Royals this year. They all wore A's uniforms during the 2014 American League Wildcard Game.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

yes, the Canadian said who lives 3500 miles from Toronto. We just love everything Toronto out here.

My point was, if you are going to give a warning you have to toss them when you go headhunting two other times and hit Tulowitski. Sanchez was tossed (rightly so) for hitting a Royal lower leg.

I guess this the only Royals dust up this year.

Must be a Missouri thing with baseball fans.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

By the way, that Jays team is going to be big trouble if they can get to October. That lineup is murderous.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The AL All-Star win could be huge if the Jays are in the World Series. They knock the cover off in Rogers.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I also have no problem with them hitting Donaldson. My problem was the headhunting afterwards.

I did like Jays fans on Twitter wantng Dickey to drill the next guy up. Nothing says evening the score like a 78 mph knuckleball to the leg

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Next seven days is make or break for the Cubs, I think. Three against Pittsburgh and four with San Francisco. If they don't come out of that with five wins, it's going to be hard to get one of the wild card slots.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing as I watched all four games of the KC-TOR series.

Yet many times when we say this, the high powered offense goes cold in late October.

As a Royals fanboi, I'm in this odd place. Have to root for Minnesota now because I'd rather see them than Toronto in the Wild card. As long as the Twins don't get too close.

KC has about all of the urgency of Week 2 of the NFL preseason.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Phil Hersh had a column Sunday about losing his vote. He said Jack O'Connell told him that of the 650 members, 130 of them would be losing the right to vote. That puts the potential voting number at 520 -- which is 29 fewer than the number that voted this year. So even a 100 percent participation changes percentages, should people get the same number of votes, moves then up four percent (Piazza would go from 69.9 to 73.8 for instance).

If the percentage of voters stayed the same (84 percent), the number of voters would be 440. That would give a six percent bump to those getting the same number of votes.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I assume there will be a number of BBWAA members reaching their 10 years and coming on as voters, right?

The real sea change will be in five years or so when people like Keith Law and Rob Neyer are able to vote for the first time.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The thing is, the PED issue is not a generational one. Piazza, Clemens, etc. will lose votes from among those purged, mine included.

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Affects me, too. I agree with Gee.

Draft saved Draft deleted