1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Yeah, there was something wrong when Pence lost Peterson's homer in the sixth. Not that he would have caught it, but he had no clue where that ball was.

I'm with you when I see him blow another save. But you kind of have to remember, that is just his fourth blown save of the season. And since his last BS on July 1, he has given up 4 runs in 8.1 innings of work with seven saves in 10 outings. Still makes me nervous whenever he pitches, but he's not struggling mightily.

2. qtlaw24

qtlaw24 Active Member

Casilla is I believe 27/32 in save opportunities. IMHO he's become a nibbler, afraid to go after the hitters with strikes; pitching from behind. He's got a great 2 seamer in the 93-94 range. Sure wish Romo could get lefties out (at least .360 I believe) because that slider still gets righties out consistently. I'd seriously start thinking Strickland because even though he'll give up a few, he's at least throwing strikes. Casilla not only blew the save, he was this close to blowing the whole game in the B9.

Last night was tough, but then I had to remind myself of 3 WS in 5; us Giants fans have already been made whole.

3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Aaron Sanchez suspended three games for hitting Escobar on the knee. Gibbons suspended one game for coming back on the field during the fracas after he'd been ejected.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Sanchez suspension is ridiculous. 3 games for hitting a guy in the shin?

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You're right. I missed one he blew on May 1. I really think the goal is to have Strickland in that role next season. I believe Bochy wants to get him work in the seventh and eighth innings of games this year to get some experience and then battle for the job in Spring Training. If Casilla blows one more, Giants may go back to Romo even though he is shaky against lefties. Strickland is the option with Plans A and B both fail.

6. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

7. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

The Giants have a surplus of bullpen arms. I wouldn't worry about their relievers.
    Contrast that with the A's, whose demise can be traced directly to the sorriest crop of relief pitchers in the AL. They've lost FIVE games after leading by three or more runs in the 7th/8th innings.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I get Gibbons suspension, but Sanchez seems a tad harsh.
    Pretty sure Escobar flat out called him "dirty" in the presser.

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't get the Sanchez suspension either. Was wondering if it was my fandom preventing me from understanding it.

Something else weird...Escobar barely made any kind of move towards the mound after he got hit. Seemed like all of a sudden the Royals were out of the dugout and on the field.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Arte, please call Dave Dombrowski ASAP.

/HalosFanboi

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Completely agree. Umps and MLB made a hash of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted