1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. I've never seen the Archer voice guy on another show, so it's a lot strange to hear that voice on something other than Archer. Kinda distracting, actually.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

No John Benjamin Has A Van fans here?

Actually I agree. His voice work is so legendary, going back to Ben Katz, it's weird whenever you hear it coming from his real body.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Two things I really like about Daredevil:

1. It shows the effects of the long nights and the beatings on the hero
    2. It has one of the most accurate portrayals of a modern newspaper reporter I've ever seen in a movie or TV show

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I love that Ian McShane is getting back onto my TV set. With GoT and Ray Donovan.....there's still time to make a Deadwood movie, GODDAMMIT!

BDC99 likes this.
  6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I didn't know he was the voice on Bob's Burgers and I couldn't watch the show it was so distracting. And I would LOVE to see a Deadwood movie. Probably my all-time favorite show. But I have to say Ian McShane doing the voice-overs on the British Open coverage was unsettling, even though I think he's great.

7. The Archer episode with Bob's Burgers was awesome to me. I never put that together until I saw that episode.

8. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Binge-Tubing Laverne and Shirley.

Robert Hays before the movie.

Screen shot 2015-08-19 at 10.02.23 AM.png

11. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I think I'm one of four people who watched John Benjamin Has A Van. Little Italy still cracks me up.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Mr. Robot is amazing.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how everything ties together in the last episode.

Draft saved Draft deleted