1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jan 1, 2015.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

My only issue with the way they're developing Charlotte is the forced connection to Flair.
    We get it. She once swam around in the Nature Boy's nuts. OK. Don't remind us every six seconds of it.
    Sure, she mentioned it in NXT but I swear she can't go two moves without wooing or making some Flair call back. It's off putting.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I hate how they've gone from barely mentioning it in NXT, that I can remember anyway, to reminding every time they mention that her dad is the 16-time world champion.

Shut up already and let her carve her own niche.

schiezainc and sgreenwell like this.
  3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's also part of why I think they're pushing her way too hard for the title. It's the most WWE thing ever to note how genetically superior she is to other competitors and how she has the bloodlines to be champion. Like if they don't STFU a little bit about it, she'll become the Female Roman Reigns. To me, Sasha Banks is the most "ready" promote from NXT, with the added benefit that if you have her win the Divas title, it create a natural excuse for her to drop the NXT belt without putting a loss on her. (Although, if they wanted to do some real long range planning, they could have Bayley beat her for the title, which would make for a nice feud whenever she's brought up to the main roster.)

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I don't remember them ever saying Cowboy Bob was Randy's dad like they have with Charlotte. I know they almost always mention he's a third-generation guy, but not to this extent. It's beyond overkill with Charlotte.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Bob Orton is no Ric Flair. Plus isn't he still in the doghouse with them over nearly giving Undertaker Hep C a few years ago in a bleeding angle?

Overkill is reminding us ad nauseum that Tamina Snuka is Jimmy Snuka's daughter.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Her nxt gimmick and taglines was Genetically Superior....where were the genes from if not Ric? I think it's just another example of the announce team being lousy but I haven't noticed a bad slick Ric oversell personally

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

They sold Randy's heritage pretty hard in his early days. And they did it with Cody Rhodes early in his career. And Ted Diabiase Jr. (though you have to with the name, really). And the Usos. You don't get the "Wooos," but as far as the announce team goes, they've always had a tendency to sell family ties early in a wrestler's career. Without her having "Flair" in her ring name, they may be doing it a little more, but I imagine in a month or two, they'll start moving away from that.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I anxiously await when Charlotte does this:

And this:

[​IMG]

And of course, this:

[​IMG]

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

10. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I dunno. I just can't like Charlotte. Looks too much like Ric with fake boobs. The ride on Space Mountain v. 2 might be too weird.

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I would gladly take a ride on Space Mountain v2

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  12. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I wasn't sold on Charlotte at first (looks wise) but I have come to appreciate her assets.

Draft saved Draft deleted