1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I loved "a history of Violence."

On another note, we saw "Fury Road" in a second run over the weekend.

Alright, based on the reviews I had higher expectations.

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Saw "Trainwreck" today and enjoyed it. A great showcase for Schumer. A lot of funny scenes and a few sweet ones too. The only downside was having to look away when John Cena was showing his bare ass (not that there's anything wrong with that.)

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I don't remember much about "Against All Odds" any more, but I'll always remember that I saw it in a theater in Flushing, NY, days after I had moved out there for my first job out of college 31 years ago. Had the night off, didn't know anyone, walked to the theater to escape being alone and scared for two hours. Doesn't seem possible that it was 31 years ago.

4. old_tony

I remember being disappointed on first viewing when it was in the theaters in 1980, but each viewing since then is more and more fun.

5. old_tony

Watched it last night. I thought it had a lot of potential but instead it was just a mess of special effects.

Ace likes this.
  6. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Finally watched Lucy for the first time and, I've got to admit, I'm not impressed with the premise at all. Pretty damn ridiculous.

Ace likes this.
  7. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Saw Magic Mike XXL. A fun, smart watch There are also enough young nubile young women in it to make it a "compromise" film with your girlfriend or wife.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

For some reason, that final Blues Brothers concert in that big hall just seems magical.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

"Smart" is not a word I have heard used to describe that film at all.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Smart may mean something different to the Brits. Kinda like phat has the opposite meaning here.

11. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Well, yeah... You're right. That was a bit of a stretch. I guess watching a bare-chested Channing Tatum get showered with dollar bills drove me a little crazy for a while.

Still, it had some stuff to say about getting old, and how stripping might now be one of the last blue collar jobs in America that pays well. It also got some points for being relatively subtle and not having one of the characters say, "Wow, we're getting old, and there just aren't any jobs waiting for us down at the factory, like there were for Dad."

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Karras is delightful in Victor/Victoria, which I think more of each time I see it.

Draft saved Draft deleted