1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 5, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That would be smart for Scioscia to not want a guy who is guaranteed for 30 home runs a year, and this year looks like a cinch for 40.

He clogs the basepaths!

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

38 doubles and 67 homers between Trout and Pujols.

Two other guys with 124 and 127 hits, a third with 112.

But you are correct, Chris. 6th in homers and near the bottom in everything else.

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's been a concern -- homers and nothing else -- since the beginning of the year. The Angels announcers were even bringing it up in April and May.

BTW, Angels pulled it out today by a 2-0 score, thanks mainly to Matt Shoemaker putting in the kind of pitching gem LAA usually needs to get a win.

4. LongTimeListener

Bumgarner vs. Cubs, 9K through 4 innings.

I don't know what the Whitman Line was.

JackReacher likes this.
  5. Songbird

Greinke's 10th start without giving up a run, ERA down to 1.6-something, and Dodgers beat Reds 1-0 for sweep.

6. LongTimeListener

Should I start the "Harper or Greinke" thread now so we can have a whole month of scintillating debate? Do we deserve that much fun? Or should I wait?

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Grienke is the better pitcher of the two.

JC, LongTimeListener and Songbird like this.
  8. Songbird

Greinke, Hall if Famer?

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

best typo ever.

10. Songbird

I don't get why a batter doesn't get an RBI when he hits into a double play. I know it's a rule but still don't get it.

On another note ...

2 minutes ago it was 0-0 between Mets and Phillies. Phils just scored 5 runs on Niese, starting with a bloop by Harang.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Cause RBI is dumb

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

If we're going to change rules, please add the team error for instances such as a fielder losing the ball in the sun or a ball falling between two OFs, either of whom should have caught it.

The pitcher did his job getting the batter to hit into what should be an out, why should he be penalized?

Draft saved Draft deleted