1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journalists shot, killed in Virginia during live shot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any "thinking outside the box" ideas that wouldn't violate the Constitution?

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Are you a Neanderthal? You can't take your phone with?

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Well considering I worked alongside licensed electricians, HVAC and plumbing professionals along with being the part of the start and finish of the complete construction of numerous schools and service for years on a food service committee, I will say, my knowledge of a plug-in coffee maker is lacking.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Terrible cell service here. Otherwise, yes. I can't remember the last time I didn't. #Blessed

5. JackReacher

Now, we're talking!

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

68 pages, come on. Let's think of some new twist to these issues. We are creative people.

7. 93Devil

Nah, it's been beaten to death.

8. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Several of the big box stores can't keep it in stock, not sure that they really want to anyway, but the gun shops near me don't seem to have trouble. Even at the higher prices its still the cheapest.

I've seen plenty of murder cases where a .22 was used. In my experience with crime, most killers seem to use a weapon of convenience. Often the .22 is what they can get their hands on.

Cops in my neighborhood recently raided a small time drug dealing operation. Out of curiosity, I pulled the search warrant. I don't know whether to be thankful or scared that apparently the only weapon recovered was a Kimel Industries .22. Scared because it's still lethal - if it actually works - or thankful because that's either the best they could get a hold of or they didn't know any better.

9. 93Devil

OK, let me see...

You said you have three employees, so you probably have two on plus yourself at all times and one will be on call at all times, but they are not part of the two that are on. You lend support if they get backed up with work orders, but your main goal would be to sell new machines and/or get new clients.

Your employees probably use a web-based work order system that is managed by yourself or your wife. These work orders are distributed to your employees and your two work trucks, maybe three, via smart phones. You are checking this constantly looking for alerts. If there are no alerts, you have your employees continue on their scheduled preventative maintenance/cleaning schedule. You are worried about windshield time because that takes away employee productivity.

When you are selling machines to customers, you are really pushing the service package, which could be $100 to $250 a month. Heck, maybe more. When you sell a machine, you hope it is in a location with plug-in with an outlet available with water and sewer hookups. If not, you need to call in a licensed electrician and a licensed plumber. If you were in Virginia, you would not have to dance around unions, but where you live, you might. You might have a licensed electrician and plumber on staff, but I think that is very hard where you live. In Virginia, it would be easy.

It's really hard for you to crack into the chain places like Sheetz or Wawa because many of these places have their own maintenance staff, which handles what you offer.

Your clients are mom and pops and high end places to eat, which explains all your food posts online. You really do not have an internet presence other than twitter, so you relay on word of mouth and face-to-face sales for business. Heck, you probably eat at a place, order coffee then go back and explain to them everything that is wrong with their coffee and how you can make it better.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'm convinced.

11. JackReacher

YES!

Dyno and YankeeFan like this.
  12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

A day in the life of Yankeefan, not nearly as entertaining as a day in the life of Hockeybeat.

Draft saved Draft deleted