1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much did you pay for gas today?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by G-Spot, Sep 7, 2006.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Back under $2.10. Saw $2.07 on the way home from work today.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Surprised this thread didn't get resurrected two weeks ago when that refinery south of Chicago got shut down. Gas by me went from $2.59 to $3.29 in about a day and a half. I managed to fill up at $2.59 because my brother alerted me that the other station had gone to $2.79. I quick looked online and saw the report about the refinery going down and predictions of gas in the midwest going up big-time.

Fortunately, since I do a lot of work from home now, I have been able to not need a fillup since -- though I will need to tomorrow. Fortunately, it's down to $2.79 already. Maybe it'll be down to $2.69 by then.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I used my Kroger points last night to take off 20 cents from $2.42.
    Had to swing in to pick up something today and it's at $2.26. FML!

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The way the price has been dropping here I'm thinking it will be less than $2 by tomorrow, if not this afternoon.

5. Had the opposite happen here, where gas shot up 11 cents per gallon overnight. No idea why.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Gas jumped to $2.60-2.75 around here, but it started trickling back down late last week. It's now back down to where it was before the refinery was shut down, which is in the $2.15-2.30 range.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Well, the drop seems to have stopped. We've held steady at $2.07-$2.08 for the cheapest places for a couple days now.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I hate when gas buddy gives you a cash only price.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Still $2.82 in Microville. The West Coast gouging continues.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Saw $2.01 at a couple places this afternoon.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

$1.68 in Rock Hill, SC

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Filled up at $2.59 on Friday. Had filled up at that price about 3 weeks ago, then the refinery going down happened. It went up to $3.29 in two days before slowly coming back down. Because I work from home, didn't have to fill up until it came back down all the way to the $2.59. According to news reports it's supposed to keep coming down.

Draft saved Draft deleted