1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alabama governor getting divorced ... at age 72

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

HE AIN'T EVEN DATED NOBODY YET, PAWWWWWWWWL!

Big Circus and doctorquant like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Rumor is that he *was*, thus the divorce. Although if you have seen a picture of Dr. Dr. Bentley you might find that as hard to believe as I do.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Was he on Ashley Madison?

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Say what, now?

5. Neutral Corner

Which? Rumor is, and I emphasize unconfirmed rumor, is that a mistress was involved.

If you mean the "Dr. Dr.", Bentley first got elected to the Alabama lege on the strength of having once been Bear Bryant's dermatologist. Paul Bryant, Jr. was campaign chairman on his first election as governor. Anyhow, Alabama law does not allow the use of titles on the election ballot, so Bentley had a legal name change to "Dr. Robert Bentley" in order to get it onto the ballot. Since he is indeed a physician, the result is that he is Dr. Dr. Robert Bentley.

Only in Alabama...

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I heard she was an Auburn fan.

7. Neutral Corner

I heard a snickering scurrilous rumor that it was Lt. Gov. Kay Ivey, which isn't funny till you see her picture.

Here you go:

[​IMG]

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Gah! Well thank you very much for that! I was referring to your use of *was*. Didn't know if he was gay or having an affair or what.

9. Neutral Corner

Ahh. No, that was in response to "HE AIN'T EVEN DATED NOBODY YET, PAWWWWWWWWL!". I was saying that he might indeed have been dating someone and thus the divorce.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

No worries. I don't get the Pawl reference either.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I don't know why Alabamans breed and kill trees.

12. Neutral Corner

Paul Finebaum show, most likely a reference to the infamous Phyllis from Mulga.

Draft saved Draft deleted