1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Batman v. Superman is Man of Steel 2 as it directly picks up after the events of the first movie.

I don't know the contract specifics but I'd wager Superman will be showing up in all of the movies just like how actors from in the MCU movies have popped up in other films.

Ben Affleck's Batman will be the same way. They need them just the Marvel movies have needed the other characters to help tell a better story.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Why should I trust his math when he fucked up the other thing so badly?
    He came in attacking. I used my Zod Super Breath weapon and blew him off the page.
    If we can agree on a trustworthy site to use for movie revenues, then that would be a start.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He caught you in a mistake. You caught him in a mistake. The only difference is that he admitted as much and you did not.

4. outofplace

The difference being Marvel has made successful movies without that crutch, including the first Iron Man and Guardians of the Galazy.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Let's not go crazy.

The Hulk movies have all been duds. The first Iron Man was good but the Hulk threat was teased and it was clear they were setting up something larger.

The Winter Solider has been the best of the bunch, in my opinion, and it is a perfect example of what I think the DC movies will be going for.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

He contradicted himself, as is the wont of a hypocrite, by doing the very thing he accused me of doing.
    The spirit of my point stands- Ant-Man achieved the same thing as Man of Steel financially and artistically, and with a hell of a lot less fuss.

7. outofplace

That's quite a stretch to say Iron Man did anything but stand on its own. Guardians of the Galaxy stands may have references to the larger MCU, but if anything, they were a hindrance. Really, did anybody but the comic geeks like the bit where the Collector explains the MCU version of the Infinity Gems?

8. outofplace

I'm not sure where the contradiction happened, but it was fun to watch you run for the spirit world when it was made clear that the facts do not support your point. :)

9. 3_Octave_Fart

Our swords will not clang tonight, my friend.
    The Iron Man movies were a big old meh for me.
    Is there a more wooden big-name actress than Gwyneth Paltrow?
    This is someone who once admitted she did the fat-shaming movie with Jack Black just for the money.

10. outofplace

The first Iron Man was the foundation for the MCU and the first one was superior to Ant-Man in every way.

Paltrow's comments about some other movie could not possibly be less relevant.

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I didn't expect him to admit he was wrong even though he was. Trolls never do. They aren't secure enough in themselves.

12. outofplace

Boba Fett lives!

Okay, it's just a fan-made short, but kinda fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted