1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi Sports Writers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Kristopher, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Kristopher

Kristopher New Member

I just want to thank everyone for checking this post out. I am not looking for writers the moment. I found Sports Blog.com through a craiglist ad. I realized the guy was getting ad revenue and not paying me. So, I started my own blog. I have only made 3.00$ but I have fun doing it. They have a leaderboard contest but most people with a lot of views make up stuff, or they already have a huge following. The 500$ bonus would be cool though to win. I love movies in fact I won the Ultimate Logline Contest. Winners for March 2015 | The Ultimate Logline Contest I had a great time in Burbank, California. I am always trying to improve as a writer. I am taking a journalism class online. I was told by the blue screen to introduce myself and post in the forum above. I am sure this will be a fun place to hang out and learn from some great writers. I appreciate everyone's feedback and I enjoyed the funny commentary. I wouldn't want to pull a bleacher report on anyone, or the one guy that was begging for writers for free. I am here to hang out and to meet sportswriters. Thanks Again!

Lugnuts likes this.
  2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to be a thread about sports writers and pot.

Either way, I'm jonesin' for a sandwich. A Ruben, perhaps?

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Welcome Kristopher. Fetch me a beer!

And I knew a Ruben reference was on the horizon. Well played expendable. I wonder if Kristoph likes women's soccer?

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Fess up Beej.

Lugnuts likes this.
  5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

The quarter was sitting on the sidewalk long enough. I had to pick it up.

Anyone who refuses to work for free is okay with me. Welcome, Kristopher.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

A Ruben ain't nothing without some pickle(juice).

spikechiquet likes this.
  7. Kristopher

Kristopher New Member

Reuben sandwiches are awesome! I enjoy soccer and it is starting very soon. I would love to know people that post trying to get freelance jobs do they get hired? I never see any replies on their posts. Have a great day guys and gals.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

The question is, would you travel from South Carolina to Atlanta for soccer? With hundreds of your closest friends?

SnarkShark, Vombatus and Jake_Taylor like this.
  9. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

We used to look up at the sky and wonder at our place in the stars. Now we just look down, and worry about our place in the dirt.

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Provably. Demonstrably.

Killick and Chef2 like this.
  11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Scoreboard!!!!

Killick likes this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Damn straight, Charlie Brown.

Draft saved Draft deleted