1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journalists shot, killed in Virginia during live shot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He said the motive for the killing had not been determined but investigators would look at whether Miles, who is black, was motivated by anger over recent killings elsewhere of black men by police that have spawned the Black Lives Matter protest movement.

‘‘I think that’s something that we have to keep an eye on,’’ Hickman said. ‘‘The general climate of that kind of rhetoric can be influential on people to do things like this. We’re still searching to find out if that’s actually a motive.’’

Man charged with murder in shooting of Houston area deputy - The Boston Globe

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Some people have asked if they're going to ban the rainbow flag.

1). The Confederate flag has not been banned.
    2). The rainbow flag has never represented anyone who has taken up arms against this country and represented the oppressed, not oppressors.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here&#39;s Shannon Miles, who shot the Houston sheriff&#39;s deputy--media outlets are still trying to figure out his race <a href="Dinesh D'Souza on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/g6ZIjPVqaL</a></p>&mdash; Dinesh D&#39;Souza (@DineshDSouza) <a href="">August 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Songbird

#Snarknado

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Good to hear from D'Felon.

6. Songbird

Black dudes in Texas are fucked for awhile.

7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Name is Shannon....are we sure it is a man?

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

How does Shannon identify?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  9. Songbird

@YankeeFan will be here shortly with a breakdown of your question, @doctorquant, with his own list of questions that we must chew on.

10. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Do you feel the same about "some poor innocent victim" who is prevented from being born because "someone else decided they felt like exercising their constitutional right to take their life?

What's the difference?

Kinda aggravating how so many of the people posting in support of gun confiscation on my FB feed are also the staunchest supporters of the "right" to snuff out unborn humans.

Life either matters or it doesn't. That's my opinion.

old_tony and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They don't believe that's a life yet. JFC. Want to tell us again about how violent crime has skyrocketed? That was a good one, too.

12. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Why so feisty Dick? I already acknowledged it was just my opinion ... or are we talking about doing away with opinions now, too? I'm having a hard time keeping track.

Draft saved Draft deleted