1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Pharoah seeking Triple Crown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, May 16, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how many in the general public were even aware AP was going to run yesterday, until news broke that he lost.

2. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

I get why people want to see the horse continue to run. Believe me, I love watching him, too.

But anyone who criticizes Zayat for shutting AP down at this point should ask themselves: if they were holding a billion-dollar winning lottery ticket, would they ever think of tearing it up and throwing it in the trash?

I certainly wouldn't -- and I don't blame Zayat for having a mindset that for every stride AP takes on a racetrack, he is potentially one step closer to disaster.

It's not about romance. It's commerce.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Everyone is calling Zayat such sportsman for going to Saratoga, but now he might take his ball and go home after one loss.

Run in the BC. One more race to take on Beholder.

Here is Beholder, by the way, running against boys in the Pacific Classic. She beat multiple grade I winners, including last year's BC Classic winner Bayern, who admittedly hasn't been the same since.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I turned the race on in the office yesterday, in the sports department, and everyone wondered why. And hasn't Zayat already sold the stud fees? I thought I read that earlier in the thread, though I would suppose there is much more money to be had.

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

He has, but he still has a vested interest in getting him to the breeding shed in one piece. He also owns a portion of the stud rights.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Plus, there are plenty of mares eagerly awaiting AP's 19 inches.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Too bad there aren't any human sports where the big money is in sex and not playing the silly games.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Women's tennis? Sex appeal anyway.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Suzy Favor Hamilton wonders what you're talking about.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Probably a few teachers too.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

They'll cut it to 8 and run it inside in favor of middle school cheerleading.

dixiehack likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted