1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Would not be surprised to see the Falcons give him a call and try their luck on another Jackson. Their running game is a disaster right now. Not that Jackson might help it, but have to figure the Falcons are going to be open to pretty much anything to bolster the run game.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

What people forget is that scouting is so much more advanced. RG3 is entering his fourth season, and he's been terrible for the past two. Anyone in the NFL who knows what he's doing realizes Griffin will never be a successful starter again. Mentally and physically, he hasn't shown anything positive in two full seasons. There is no more potential.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I can't recall an NFL qb who gets thrown around like a rag doll more than Griffin.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

poin, are you talking about by the other team or by his own coaches?

5. Mr. Sunshine

It really is amazing that EVERY hit on him is a big one.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

My thinking is that the further he gets from the knee surgery in 2013, the better he'll be physically. And no matter what team he might go to he'll be behind a better offensive line than the one he's behind now. I can picture him being a decent player 2-3 years down the road once he gets away from the Washington bullshit.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mentally broken.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That can be rebuilt, too, once he gets away from Washington.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Put me in the camp that a change of scenery could lead to a significant career rebound. But, I guess that also assumes he checks the attitude at the door on the way in that sounded like it created some of his issues with the Redskins.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Jim Plunkett was a broken QB when he left New England. He healed, obviously, but it took quite awhile and a couple of teams for it to happen. Then again, Chip Kelly is probably clearing a roster spot for a fifth QB as I type this.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Why do people who don't watch football post on these threads?

Draft saved Draft deleted