1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Online editor -- The San Diego Union-Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Larry Graham, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Larry Graham

Larry Graham Member

The San Diego Union-Tribune is looking for a sports online editor to boost our online presence. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of two years journalism experience and solid news judgment with an ability to spot topics of high interest and a fluency in digital news delivery.
    There will also be limited writing opportunities, primarily blogging and the occasional long-form feature.
    Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
    • Website editing and curation
    • Coordinating the flow of content between our writers, photographers, artists and online editors
    • Putting together presentations of special projects
    • Ability to implement social media and SEO strategies
    • The ability to work nights and weekends, as needed
    • Familiarity with Photoshop
    If interested, please email your resume to larry.graham@sduniontribune.com with ‘online editor’ in the subject line. The application deadline is Sept. 5. No phone calls please.
    The San Diego Union-Tribune, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in all facets of its work.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  2. Waldo9939

Waldo9939 Active Member

Again, not looking to get out of the gig I just got myself into (particularly after the hell I've been going through with the moving company), but this seems like a prime good gig.

3. Larry Graham

Larry Graham Member

Thanks to everyone who applied. Again, hopefully I've replied to all applicants.
    But I'm pleased to announce Southeast Missourian sports editor Rachel Crader has agreed to be our new online sports editor.
    Congrats, Rachel!

4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Rachel is great. Congrats to her. She'll rock it.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Congrats to Rachel.

Draft saved Draft deleted