1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jan 1, 2015.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It kind of reminds me of Jericho's second debut, which was to immediately challenge Randy Orton for the title. It seemed mostly because Orton was out of top title contenders. I think that title match was a schmozz with JBL interfering, which led to Jericho vs. JBL, and he didn't get back into the title picture until one of those scramble or four-way match things.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The stupidity of the E when it comes to this Divas Revolution just hit an all-time high.

They decide to do a "Beat the Clock" to determine the top contender to Nikki's title. Fine.

Except they have each of the PCB members trying to beat the clock. Only, Becky faces Alicia, then Charlotte beats Brie in like a minute and a half. More stupidity in that match, as Charlotte won with Natural Selection and Maggle and crew acted like they didn't know what it was, and that it was a surprise victory.

So it comes to the third match, and Paige faces, for some reason, Sasha. During it,they're trying to pin each other in the minute and a half, and the announcers are surprised that Sasha is trying to win, since she's not one of the actual participants in the challenge, for whatever reason. The match, if you can call it that, goes the minute and a half, then the clock runs out and the ref rings the bell. WTF? Don't Beat the Clock matches usually go on even if the clock runs out, until there's a winner?

So, in this storyline, you had two matches go less than two minutes each, a participant who really shouldn't have given a shit if the clock ran out or not, and a match that ended when it really should have continued. What a clusterfuck.

All they had to do, and here's some very simple booking, is just have the three Team Bad members go against the three PCB members in three matches, with the Beat the Clock. Makes more sense to have all six want a crack at Nikki, doesn't it?

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I'm really sour on this Sting storyline now......using it as a crutch to build HHH-Rollins heat? This will be how we get to Rock/HHH for the title in Dallas and it makes me want to puke.

The Divas.....as long as Charlotte beats Nikki and then it's 20 minutes of her and Sasha Banks by Survivor Series fine.

This RAW missed the US Open challenge too. Big time.

HandsomeHarley likes this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Ending of show fell way flat for me. So Cena makes his challenge, and both he and Sting just stand side by side? Zzzzzz.

Not a good Raw tonight, other than a few things (Cesaro/Owens and The New Day's promo.)

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

No.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I can't believe they jobbed Ambrose and Reigns to Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Friends of mine went to the show last night and I asked if the crowd was as dead as it sounded on TV.

Simple answer. "Unfortunately."

That was a pretty weak RAW and I agree about the DIVAS matches completely.

8. MagoIL

MagoIL Member

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

schiezainc and JackReacher like this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

I had read some other stories that were done on the case. I believe one of them said that the hotel was razed roughly 20 years ago. So, without DNA from that scene, I'm wondering what they've found that can convict him?

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

To defend the WWE a tiny bit - They have in the past just ended a Beat the Clock match if someone doesn't beat a time, but it's a rarer occurrence because they usually have the third (or fourth) match feature the biggest name. So, that person will end up winning it anyway. Also at the top of the show, they mentioned that PCB got the matches because of their SummerSlam win, but I agree with you, having them go 1-on-1 with BAD would have been better than two vs. Team Bella, one vs. BAD.

To continue to slag on the WWE - I think the third match was horribly booked. You only had 90 seconds, and to give the match any intensity at all, it meant Sasha (the most over diva) had to take a finisher from Paige. The end of the match was also a bit of a cluster, since the ref didn't really aggressively get on BAD for interfering.

Also, between three divas matches, we had roughly six minutes of wrestling. Awesome! That's less time than what was devoted to the completely Wrestlecrap angle of Dolph and Lana vs. Rusev and Summer Rae. And again, pretty much all of that regressive storyline was front and center before any of the divas stuff. This was probably my least favorite Raw that I've seen in a while. It's not just that it was bad, but that in the process of being bad, it also seemingly hurt stuff that has long-term potential. A guy on SB Nation had a good review of the show, gave it a D: Raw recap & reactions: Triple H is everything

12. Baron Scicluna

Oh, and as of this moment, while Hogan is out of the WWE Hall of Fame, Snuka is still listed as being in it. Just sayin'.

Draft saved Draft deleted