1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

JR and I watched the first 2 episodes this week. Good to know we're not wasting our time. :)

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No, you are not.

There are a couple of scenes that just blow you away. My favorite is his spilling his guts to his psychiatrist, but there are many others.

The use of background music is also very chilling and well done. Now, was I thrilled with how off the rails everyone has gone in the last episode I watched? Not so much, but this is still well worth watching.

HC likes this.
  3. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And don't forget to cut off your Slauson!

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

That seems like a bizarre story, because at first I thought they were only airing on one local TV station. But I guess it's part of a nationwide thing: Johnny Carson Returns: Antenna TV to Air Full 'Tonight Show' Episodes - I'm kind of surprised NBC hasn't done its own "classics" channel though, and just put Carson at 11, Letterman at 12 and Conan or Bob Costas at 1. Then again, maybe they think that would be seen as competition for its current programming and wouldn't want to upset affiliates.

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Anything worth watching this fall season (new shows, I mean)? Haven't really read up and no idea what's out there.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Anyone check out Narcos on Netflix yet? Watched the first episode last night. Fantastic. I'm all in.

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Blindspot looks really good. Sort of a Prison Break type deal that could be even more interesting. I watched the 5-minute teaser recently, and it looks promising. Same goes for Quantico. Not so sure about Blood and Oil. Can't wait til I can start reading the fall previews. The Grinder looks like it could be decent as well. Here's a short preview.

We Can’t Wait to Watch These 11 New Fall TV Shows

11. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

NBC does have a classics channel online, so maybe they figure that's good enough.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Ah, I had no idea! To crossthread from ESPN Classic, it's probably one of the consequences of me cutting cable a few years ago. Do they put the classic late night stuff on there, or is it all of the second tier sitcoms mostly?

Draft saved Draft deleted