1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jan 6, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And he's going to have three years and $12 million left on the contract.

I can't wait to see how Snyder threatens not to pay. Maybe he's going to sneak in a clause that Gruden has to fill the espresso machine and then cite him for breach of contract.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The real clue will be when Gruden walks into his office and finds a big tub of vanilla ice cream on his desk.

3. LongTimeListener

Nah, that's just his leftovers from lunch yesterday.

Redskins' Jay Gruden: Don't call me fat - NFL.com

"I listen to it a little bit, I read a little bit; some articles. I have to be up to date so when I come up here I know what is going on," Gruden said via CSN Washington. "And I really dislike the guy who called me a fat a--, that really ticked me off. I don't mind you critiquing my coaching style but to make fun of my weight, that's unfair. I'm only 225. Jesus."

4. JackReacher

When Gruden isn't dealing with an unnecessary crisis -- which rare -- he's actually pretty engaging with the media, and sometimes even funny! Imagine that.

5. LongTimeListener

Yeah, that was a good one. But it just goes to show you how wonderful the Skins are right now, you can find just about anything. I Googled "Jay Gruden fat" hoping to find any picture that would help me make a joke, and lo and behold there's a current news item.

6. JackReacher

It's the gift the keeps on giving the whole year 'round! Not unlike a Jelly of the Month Club.

7. LongTimeListener

Someone Google "Bruce Allen bukkake" and see what comes up.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  8. Gruden may or may not last the season, but he absolutely gets another HC job. NFL teams love to recycle shity HCs.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He is. But, I'm starting to think the worst thing he could've done was undress RGIII in public the way he did last year. His candor and level of detail of Griffin's sucktitude was spot-on, but added a lot of unneeded fuel to the fire, especially if he knew getting rid of him wasn't a possibility.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The only problem he may have is that teams will just see him as a spineless stooge. Of course, that already makes him the top candidate to take over in Dallas when Garrett is sent packing.

11. JackReacher

Agree 100%. That didn't help things at all.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Seems a little harsh there, ex--i.e. guilty until proven innocent. I may not be reading all the details correctly, but it wouldn't surprise me at all that Mrs. GM posted this without any shred of truth to the situation. Seems even more so the possibility after the hasty apology.

Draft saved Draft deleted