1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True story?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Ah, cool. I thought you just meant that you hadn't heard from him in the media.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It is kind of funny, isn't it.

From all appearances, this guy is pretty media savvy/friendly. He's been interviewed/featured in multiple publications previously, including the NYT among others.

He makes no money from HONY. His money comes from his book sales, and his speaking engagements, so publicity is critically important to him.

Sure, many of his posts are widely shared on social media, but most don't get the worldwide media attention that this one got.

So, why hasn't he capitalized on it? Why has he not been quoted speaking about it in a single publication?

He could have used this post to get booked on the Today show, or Good Morning America. A fawning media would have lapped up this story, and if it's true, he could have told the story without further revealing who the subject was.

But he didn't. Not a peep out of him. Kind of makes one curious.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

LOL.

A story that people found to be very moving is posted online. I ask if it's a true story -- as the curator of the site claims -- and I get mocked for it? By a (former) journalist? Really?

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Really.

6. YankeeFan

It's worth noting that as best I can tell, Stanton has never answered any questions about the photo, and the boy has not been identified, despite it going viral.

But, hey, maybe it's true.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He has ignored 2 requests by me.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The DA in the Tony Stewart case responded to me within minutes last year when I asked him whether he thought Ward climbed onto Stewart's car.

People check their email.

9. Songbird

You mean courier pigeon was the wrong way to contact the HONY guy? Who knew.

10. Songbird

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Holy smokes! That's horrific.

12. Songbird

They found YF. (The teacher line is just a cover.)

old_tony, HC, Baron Scicluna and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted