1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Supreme Court rules in favor of gay marriage

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 26, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it's a publicity ploy/stunt.

I think she probably does believe she's doing the right thing. I also don't think her looks, nor the heftiness of the average Pentecostal Church member, have anything to do with it.

She's willing to do the time, so let her sit in jail until she reverses course, or resigns.

SnarkShark likes this.
  2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a publicity stunt. She believes. That's fine. She just can't violate standing law, determined by our highest court, because of what she believes.

schiezainc likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

Yeah, exactly.

But, heck, if she wants to go to jail over it, have at it.

SnarkShark likes this.
  4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I agree it's not a publicity stunt. She's a very ignorant woman who's probably taking some really bad advice. I do, however, think she's enjoying the most attention she'll ever receive in her pitiful life in a "Joe the Plumber" sort of way.

But what is the very intelligent, Harvard-educated Ted Cruz's excuse for his utterly stupid defense of her?

5. YankeeFan

So, how does this end?

There doesn't seem to be much point to sitting in jail if the marriage licenses are going to be issued in your absence.

But, she can't go back to her job unless she either issues them, or lets her deputies issue them.

Or, she could quit, but I can't see her giving up an easy $80,000 a year job.

6. YankeeFan

That one is hard to figure.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Ms. Davis husband (I believe this is husband #2/4): “Just because five Supreme Court judges make a ruling, it’s not a law.”

I guess she's married to old_tony.

schiezainc, Riptide, HC and 3 others like this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

She's going to quit.

$80,000 is going to be throw-around money for her soon.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

It would be nice if some of the wealthier people who are cheering her on offered her a job.

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Two things:

YF - not true. You can vote straight ticket in Texas, but you can also vote for every office separately.

Hondo - you're an asshole.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

She's not going to need a job. Her job is basically going to be, "Being Kim Davis." And it will pay quite handsomely.

cranberry likes this.
  12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

There's a long list of people in this country who accomplished great things because they stood for something that was against the law.

Draft saved Draft deleted