1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing Race -- All-Purpose Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Indeed, chugging that beer at the Olympics probably made him more famous than his run to the gold medal. Not a huge fan of TARC going out of the country, especially since they visit many of the same countries TAR does, but I guess it shakes things up a bit.

2. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

I'm in too, please.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Where does one watch TAR Canada if you're stateside? I'd love to see the other incarnations of TAR.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

5. Wenders

Season airs this Friday, so this is the last call for the pool. Wednesday's the last day to get in.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Season premiere tonight! One of the teams is the"reporters." The male is Joey Buttitta, son of former LA TV sportscaster Joe Buttitta.

Joe was a mentor when I was in college and eying a broadcast career.

7. Wenders

Hi, everyone, this is your cruise director/worst pool host ever. Guess who completely forgot to draw for the pool until she got home at 11 pm tonight? All I have is excuses about work being terrible this week, so flay me if you must. At least no one got stuck with team TMZ, because quite honestly ladies, that was pathetic. (Although I will miss their musings in the airport, because that one about the mom and son might be scarily accurate.)

THE POOL:
    bumpy mgcee - Tanner and Josh 21
    TigerVols - Jazmine and Danielle 10
    WolvEagle - Cindy and Rick 9
    WriteThinking - Denise and James Earl 8
    MTM - Logan and Chris 7
    Wenders - Alex and Adam 6
    Ernest and Jin 5
    Kelsey and Joey 4
    Huggy - Justin and Diana 3
    Iron_chet - Tiffany and Krista 2
    *Shevonne and Kelly 1

So! Since we are a few short of a full pool, if anyone doesn't like their team and would like to switch for either Ernest and Jin (the street dancers) or Kelsey and Joey (TV reporters), let me know. First come, first serve. Or if you did not end up in the pool but would like in with either team, let me know.

My early favs are Tanner/Josh, Justin/Diana and Alex/Adam. I have the feeling I will tire of the bro Texans very soon, though. Also, the preview with Justin and Diana and him taking her on an Amazing Race-esque proposal was pretty epic. You sure you need to run this with Phil, dude?

I know I would have chosen the puzzle too...not just because I'm good at puzzles, but because I suck (and I do mean SUCK) at volleyball. Any kind of volleyball. I still might have PTSD from volleyball in high school gym. I ran into the same issue as the cheerleaders did: I'm 5'0 and can't jump for shit. But how epically awesome were those pro soccer-volleyball players? because DAMN.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

What's the over/under on how many times Justin will cry?

That was an awful decision to go for the Fast Forward when they were already first and the clue warned them that the task was dependent on weather

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Those soccer-volleyball players were awesome.

But the I think the girls can't really use their size as the excuse regarding volleyball, not considering that Alex and Adam did it, successfully. That decision surprised me. given that they had the choice.

10. Wenders

Pool update:
    bumpy mcgee - Tanner and Josh 30
    Huggy - Justin and Diana 23
    Write Thinking - Denise and James Earl 16
    Wolv-Eagle - Cindy and Rick 15
    MTM - Logan and Chris 14
    TigerVols - Jazmine and Danielle 13
    Ernest and Jin 7
    Iron_Chet - Tiffany and Krista 7
    Kelsey and Joey 8
    *Wenders - Alex and Adam 7
    *Shavonne and Kelly 1

Was I the only one who really liked the bottom 3 and was hoping fervently for a non-elimination leg? The girls have to get it together and they can be a strong team. The street dancers are really likeable. And Alex and Adam just try really hard, so seeing them get eliminated was hard.

That tango looked like a lot of fun.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Yes, it sucked that one of the last three teams had to go. Really like all of them, hated to see A&A eliminated instead of, oh, say, Bawly McWeepy.

12. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

I hated to see the cousins go, too - they were very likable.

And, Wenders, you should give yourself one of the unclaimed teams that's still going.

Draft saved Draft deleted