1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2015 Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Aug 31, 2015.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Anyone watching College Gameday slobber all over Chris Fowler? Seem excessive to anyone else?

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

TyWebb likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Does he have cancer or something?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

First time I ever thought - he really should have gone with a bow tie.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

McElroy can pull this off because he is hilarious. Even when he was at Alabama, his jnterviews were funny.

He tries too hard sometimes but in five years he might be on a Herbstreit level in college football broadcasting.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

SEC over parlay: Georgia, Arkansas, Bama

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

There are 13 games scheduled to start between 11 and 1 Central time. Only three are between FBS schools, including an Illinois-Kent State game postponed from last night. Sheesh.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I do not need cheerleaders doing stunts in front of a stage for two hours and I do not need a country music singer who sings a slow country song to ramp up my college football weekend. (I don't need ANY musical entertainment) I do not need Friday night college games to open the season or during the season, either. The season seems to get more and more mechanized each year. It's waaaaaayyyy too political of a feel. GAMEDAY sucks more and more, each episode. Less stage discussion, guys, and more reports on more teams throughout the nation. Give us more quick previews on more games. Less blather about the same, tiring big-boys. More reports like the one on the Bama kicker from Poland would be fine, too. I am, though, very glad the season is upon us.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Wimp Sanderson is calling to report a burglary.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"Never gonna' give you up...
    Never gonna' let you down..."

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Can Vegas pay out Kansas and UNDER 1.5 wins already? South Dakota St up 24-7 early 2nd.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He would have stayed healthy if it hadn't been for that meddling offense.

Draft saved Draft deleted