1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Militia seizes Federal building

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God. 5 USC 3331

TIME TO CALL IN THE ARMY

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

What would President Trump do here?
    Someone should ask him that today.

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

If the Branch Davidians were still alive, they might tend to disagree.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They shouldn't have shot first and set their own compound on fire.

heyabbott likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is there any evidence they entered "forcefully"?

They said they took over the refuge headquarters, which was unoccupied for the holiday weekend.

During the news conference, Bundy said no one was at the headquarters when the group arrived. He said the group has damaged no buildings and only plan to use it as a base.

Ammon Bundy says refuge-occupying militants plan no violence unless government intervenes

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Have they acted violently or made any explicit, not-third-hand threats?

I'm inclined to let this play out as a civil disobedience protest rather than armed insurrection until they give me a good reason not to.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

They had to get the doors opened somehow. They didn't have a key. And they are armed to the teeth and have said they are willing to kill to hold the building.

They are terrorists. Thugs. Goons. But Syrian orphans are a bigger threat to our nation.

I Should Coco and HC like this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Like what? Them shooting somebody?

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Shooting at somebody. Pointing a gun at somebody in a manner that suggests they intend to shoot them.

11. Inky_Wretch

Every day they are allowed to hold that building, they win. The militia movement the FBI crushed after OKC - and was revived thanks to Obama's election - will grow and get bolder.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Would you suggest burning them to death, Inky?

old_tony likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted