1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Huh. You really are opposed to him.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Inside the Republican Plan to Stop Trump

So the GOP is raising money to dig up dirt on a guy who is immune to dirt.

What a colossal and idiotic waste.

Hey guys-- instead of spending time/money/energy on trying to convince people who've already made up their minds NOT to vote for him---

How about bankrolling a group of candidates to BEAT him ?!?

Spend the money to convince Cruz, Rubio and Kasich to join forces. Bribe 'em if you have to. Cruz gets Prez, Rubio VP, Kasich gets DoD-- whatever.

The math tells you that's the winning combination.

Digging up dirt on Trump is like trying to drown a fish by pouring more water on it.

Ace and TigerVols like this.
  3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

But Starman says the Studio 54 rumors will do the trick.

4. YankeeFan

Voters think the game is rigged against them, and see Trump as the antidote to this.

So, in order to beat him, big money Republican donors should bribe his opponents, in order to get them to work together to defeat Trump.

Yeah, that will work, and won't have any unintended consequences.

SFIND and exmediahack like this.
  5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's called thinking for myself. I don't buy into "bullshit narratives," because I'm not a hack or a gullible 5-year-old.

I think Benghazi was a witch hunt, and have said so multiple times. The email thing is not. Neither are the lies she's told every step of the way. Neither is her role in the crime bill. Etc.

I get it - you disagree. BFD. She was never in danger of losing your vote.

This whole conversation reminds me of when Rob Portman came out in support of gay marriage, and liberals refused to accept it, because, well, I don't know why. I guess he was a meanypants to Democrats at some point.

I left the GOP when it started getting to the point of demanding ideological purity. If Clinton voters want the same from me now, they can kindly go fuck themselves.

I Should Coco and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'll see if I can find you a gold star.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

LongTimeListener likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'll settle for a few fawning PMs from some prominent members of SJ.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

LongTimeListener likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Liberals refused to accept Portman's support because he was against gay marriage until he found out his son was gay.

12. YankeeFan

Someone else wrote that Obama making fun of Trump at the correspondents dinner, while Trump was in the room, is what pushed him to run. I think that's more believable.

My favorite thought is that the Clintons did talk him into running, just to cause trouble, and help Hillary win, but have now created a monster they can't contain, and he ends up beating her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.