1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I can see how/why CD Boogie and others could say that Trump is a racist. I can't see how anyone can say, anymore, that he has no chance in a general election.

The fact is, no one knows what Trump can and cannot do. That should be pretty obvious just from the shocking results so far. I mean, seriously, how has he even lasted this far into the race -- let alone done so well?

This is becoming less about whether we can trust Trump and more and more about whether we can, or should, trust the voters.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If Trump can talk about his dick in a televised presidential debate, I can't put anything past him.

I mean, who would have believed it six months ago?

TowelWaver and CD Boogie like this.
  3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Statements people on my TV mischaracterize and tell me are bad = racist.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Trump is still bringing in the same 33% he's always been. The only shocking thing is the odd confluence of events that have allowed 33% to give him nearly unassailable front-runner status.

"No" chance is a very big word. I'm quite comfortable saying he has very little chance.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Maybe we can compromise and say Trump has made statements that have been interpreted as racist by his opponents and by some of his supporters, many of whom happen to be racist.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Anyone who is "shocked" at this point isn't paying attention. His success has been presaged by the polling in every instance. In fact, he's underperforming the polling, in most cases.

9. Dick Whitman

I think that's accurate, and I think it's very different than what CDBoogie said.

10. Dick Whitman

The biggest indicator of the weakness of the party is this divide-and-conquer strategy. You have two young guys, both of whom will have another shot at this, and you can't get either one to drop out for the good of the party. That's all you have to do. Get one of the two to drop out. Promise something. Threaten something. Just get one to quit.

And they can't do it.

I Should Coco likes this.
  11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

The shock is in why. Can anyone really explain it? In my book, no one really has. His success and the level of his support is ridiculous given his off-the-cuff campaign, his lack of political experience, his truly real lack of any depth or details on substantive issues and his deplorable behavior and presentation. Last night's debate was the worst, and given his now growing experience on the political stage, the least understandable or supportable debacle of them all.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Find the states that Trump is going to turn. Where he's popular, the GOP already holds those states.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.