1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

She'll be America's most conservative president since Reagan.

You're close to having it good. Pipe down.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Feel free to tell me how anything about her is conservative. Particularly, more conservative than Cruz.

3. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

They're both interventionist chicken hawks.

Difference is, I don't worry much about HRC starting WW3 in the Middle East in a bid to bring about the end times.

I'm a Christian -- Methodist, so not exactly a hardcore bible-thumper -- and Cruz's evangelical background scares me to death.

Note: I realize I didn't answer your question.

Stoney likes this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You are correct to fear Cruz' evangelical proclivities. He has never distanced himself from his father's assertion that young Ted was put on the Earth by the creator for the purpose of hastening the End Times.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You want Cruz? Really? Are you loathed at your place of work? Like loathed? I doubt it.

Cruz is. And before you think it's some kind of "he's an outsider" kind of BS, it's not.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Why should voters care about this?

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'd love to hear someone ask Cruz if he's a hardline dispensationlist.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I know exactly why Cruz is loathed by the "make promises they didn't intend to keep" establishment Republicans. And it's a badge of honor to be loathed by them.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Because a president needs to have a vast team of people who help shape vision and policy. Advisors matter. Cabinets matter. Teamwork matters.

The job is still about getting things done and managing people. Being a loathed asshole does not help.

Lugnuts and Stoney like this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Nah, man. It has little to do with that. You think Rand Paul falls in line with all the positions? Not hardly. Cruz is viewed as self-absorbed and falsely dramatic. It's his manner.

Hey, I don't care what you believe. I don't think you want Cruz. Better Trump.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The Republicans in the Senate might piss down Ted's throat if he was on fire. The Democrats wouldn't even do that much.

He's been positioning himself to run for President since he hit the Senate. He's fought for government shutdowns even when he knew that it would set back the party (not to mention the country) so that he could strut around and take credit for it. He's an oily, self-serving sonofabitch, and everyone who has had to work with him despises him. He's worse than Trump, certainly more dangerous than Trump.

I hope the D.C. Madam story turns out to be true. It is fun to watch self appointed religious bluenoses who trumpet their virtues squirm when their sins find them out. Ask Alabama's "Love Guv" how it worked out for him.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I'm familiar with unlikability, and I won't vote for Cruz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.