1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm sure he'd be happy to see his federal income taxes go up to pay for all these new prisons.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

What a shitty layout! :D

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

We really need to stop this "when we were a great country" nonsense.

"We were a great country" when the oceans actually protected us and Europe kept destroying itself, allowing us to reap the benefits. And even then, things weren't so great. I don't think too many of us would like to grow up when our grandparents did.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

#rightoncue

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Ooooooooh ... I think that many of us would certainly like to grow up when our grandparents did.

6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Our country was great when minorities and women knew their place, it was OK to smack a woman now and then, and drunk driving was what you did every Friday and Saturday night.

I think some posters might have had a shot at getting a date back when "America was great," too.

Smallpotatoes, Vombatus and SFIND like this.
  7. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Hell yes I would. People actually bought newspapers then...

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Bill Clinton's presidency: a net positive or net negative for African-Americans?

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I thought Salon was Dick Whitman's turf. Aren't you the NY Times guy?

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He looks like Biden in that photo.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Since the first day of his presidential campaign, Donald Trump has said that he gave more than $102 million to charity in the past five years. To back up that claim, Trump’s campaign compiled a list of his contributions— 4,844 of them, filling 93 pages.

But, in that massive list, one thing was missing.Not a single one of those donations was actually a personal gift of Trump’s own money. Instead, according to a Washington Post analysis, many of the gifts that Trump cited to prove his generosity were free rounds of golf, given away by his courses for charity auctions and raffles.

A portrait of Trump the donor: Free rounds of golf, but no personal cash

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

An intimate understanding of free golf would seem to be a great qualification for a president.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.