1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. jpetrie18

jpetrie18 Member

Can I wait till payday? If so, I could be swayed.

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Couple of 50s each? You think it'll take that much?

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

... and immediately taking up a spot in the Worst Factions Ever episode of WWE Countdown.

4. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I'm splurging for the 4-sided ring, 6-sided ring, and James Storm's beer tab.

JRoyal likes this.
  5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

So, uh, Adam Rose and Konnor from the Ascension just got hit with wellness policy violations.

Kind of like the old adage if a tree falls in the forest but no one hears it ...

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I always knew that the giant rabbit was a bad influence.

Baron Scicluna, JRoyal and schiezainc like this.
  7. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

The Bunny finally got his revenge and spiked Adam Rose's protein shake.

JRoyal, Batman and schiezainc like this.
  8. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Does this mean Viktor gets a de facto suspension? Just can't see them using him much in singles matches.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Eh, they'll use him to get squashed by someone without an entrance.

I can't remember who it was, maybe Road Warrior Animal, who said that one of the big reasons why there weren't very many established tag teams in the mid-2000s was the fact that both guys had to rely on each other for everything, and that if one guy fucked up, it hurt his partner as well. So nobody wanted to be in tag teams.

10. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity since there's quite a few older wrestling fans here - who's your all-time personal favorite wrestler?

For me, it's the real Mr. Wrestlemania, Macho Man Savage.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

My all-time favorite is Chris Jericho. Loved him back in his WCW and early WWE days, and have really come to appreciate the way he approaches things in his later years. The level of thought and psychology that goes into some of his bigger matches is amazing.

Rainman and sgreenwell like this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I've never really had one favorite that has stood above the others. As a kid, I was a Hulkamaniac, until he got too cheesy and I started liking the Ultimate Warrior.

Piper was awesome as a tweener around 86-87, and I was glad when he returned. But he seemed like he lost something off his fastball from his earlier run.

Savage was also a lot of fun, especially in his early heel days, and his first babyface run. But I stopped getting into him during his Macho King run and his second face run.

I liked a few other guys, like Rick Martel and Jim Brunzell, because they seemed more like normal people, instead of cartoon characters, at least until Martel became a model.

Undertaker was awesome in the early 90s, and I enjoyed his late 90s stuff, and his late 00s work. His mid-90s stuff, like a lot of the E's stuff, was cheesy, and I never really got into American Badass Taker.

HBK was a wonderful performer, but his behind-the-scenes attitude pissed me off.

In the 90s, I enjoyed Austin immensely, and Foley. Rock was fun then, although now, he kinda bores me.

More recent vintage, I liked Punk and Bryan, just because they were different from the typical E performer.

Nowadays, I like Ambrose, although the E is fucking up any momentum he gets.

So I never really get into one guy. I'll enjoy a bunch of them, for a length of time.

Rainman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted