1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Trump is the Howard Stern of our political system.

Trump's rise looks so much like when Stern began to get traction.

Edit: The Google tells me this has already been written about elsewhere. Still my thoughts.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    Earthman likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Buy some stock in Holiday Inn Express.

[​IMG]

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

538 has also said repeatedly that Trump was not a viable contender and would not win the nomination. No model seems to predictably account for the current atmosphere in the GOP, with no good forecasters in the midst of a shit storm

Lugnuts likes this.
  4. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

Picking "the next vice president" when you have zero chance of becoming president makes Cruz look like someone completely detached from reality.

Cruz is not only mathematically eliminated from getting to 1,237, he won't be the pick in the extremely unlikely event that the GOP ends up with a contested convention.

Then he clearly panders for female votes by choosing Fiorina?

The message: Desperate and flailing.

He would've been better off setting up a photo op of himself playing a pickup "ring ball" game.

5. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

It's like he's consulting with the former Iraqi Minister of Information -- Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf

HanSenSE and Hokie_pokie like this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Daaaaaamn ...

When specifically asked his opinions on Ted Cruz, Boehner made a face, drawing laughter from the crowd.

“Lucifer in the flesh,” the former speaker said. “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”

http://www.stanforddaily.com/2016/04/28/john-boehner-talks-election-time-in-office/

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I hope you don't have the impression I support Cruz. Nothing could be further from the truth. And while I agree this is premature, it is a good move for what he is trying to accomplish. And it has put him back in the news cycle. Fiorina has been all over the place this morning.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Meh. Boehner is in the bag for Trump. He just wants to see the first orange president.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Dayum!

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Lulz. Appears you had the same issue I did in posting the same thing 4 times!

11. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

You can say that again

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

You can say that again.

Earthman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.