1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Absolutely. To me, it's a build-up, a tease to what's coming. They have to say The Club because Balor isn't there yet. But they're teasing this uneasy balance with Styles and Anderson/Gallows, so I would expect them to turn on Styles -- maybe after Styles says enough times that he needs to be solo, doesn't need the help, etc. -- and they do so with Balor, setting up a feud there.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Can't tell you how much I loved reading this nugget. And thank you for posting that report each week. Love the details.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Chuckdamn, I'm busy this week and it takes me coming in four pages later to post:

He's greener than goose shit. What?

schiezainc likes this.
  4. Bradley Guire

Also, WHY WON'T CESARO'S KNEE PADS STAY UP?

5. Bradley Guire

IF I CAN BE SERIOUS FOR A MINUTE:

If one was to be insulted, would one rather be called a jabroni or sawft?

6. Bradley Guire

From wreddit

Paige and Del Rio. Wow. Pics of them sucking face at Disneyland pretty much confirms it as true or one hell of a rib.

Lilian Garcia has retired or been released. No links to confirm this.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I first met Arda Ocal many years ago when he was a young guy volunteering on the local community cable channel's telecasts of my junior team's games. Amazing to think where his passion for wrestling took him.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

If the start of this reply was meant as a homage to a recently revealed plot point in a popular television show, fucking kudos.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Lillian has not retired or been released. She posted on her Facebook page that she has taken the past couple of weeks off to care for her ill father, who is also very elderly (he's a vet from both Korea and Vietnam).

She said in her post that she'll be at Raw on Monday. The guy, a former WWE writer, who made the report, that she was released went on Twitter and apologized, saying that his source, who is usually reliable, was wrong.

10. Bradley Guire

Carry on, my wayward son.

schiezainc likes this.
  11. Bradley Guire

"Oh you no good bastard!"

12. Bradley Guire

ESPN developing 30 For 30 documentary on the XFL

Saw this on the 30 for 30 thread. I'm really looking firward to this, but how vicious will ESPN be now that they're giving The E more play and not mocking rasslin?

And while we're at it, did anyone attend an XFL? I went to a game in Birmingham. Can't remember which game. This was my sophomore year of college, so a buddy of mine, who was not into wrestling but just wanted to see what kind of spectacle it was, made the short trip from Tuscaloosa to Legion Field, located in the finer parts of Birmingham.

I recall we had a good time. We got an XFL football for the newsroom. I wish I still had it, but I think he claimed it when we graduated and went our separate ways in life.

Time to check ebay.

jpetrie18 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted