1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Or, they should fire the GM and manager and call up some minor leaguers to see if they can play.
    Koala Trump would not have been my first choice for this movement, for the record. Sometimes you wind up with who you wind up with, though, and have to play the cards you're dealt.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I first read it when I was about eight or nine. I picked it up from a bookshelf at my grandfather's summer cottage in Vemont on a rainy day. I definitely thought it was about baseball because "catcher' was in the title and Holden Caulfield was wearing the red (hunting) cap on the cover. This was the paperback version I picked up that day:

[​IMG]

I loved the swearing.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I've seen the Padres. Koalas might help.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Perhaps. But I've been shamed from talking about baseball on here.

RickStain likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The following post should be remembered when arguments get heated on this thread. The latest Times/CBS poll asked respondents their opinion of Paul Ryan. Speaker of the House. Third in line for the Presidency. Opinions were Favorable 21 percent. Unfavorable 20 percent. Undecided 21 percent. Don't know enough 36 percent. That's 57 percent for "huh?" We're not an angry nation, we're a nation thinking about something else.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I was afraid you might burst into tears.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Ok, so if you're a Republican, and you're not a huge fan of Trump, what are you supposed to do now?

Elect Hillary?

You're still blowing up the party at that point, and putting someone in office who you disagree with on issues, and who will appoint judges to life long terms.

How is that more reasonable?

old_tony and Hokie_pokie like this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump promised the NRA he would eliminate all gun-free zones from the entire USA. Private business owner? Sorry, you can't decide if visitors are allowed to carry guns on your property.

Trump made this promise at an NRA convention - which was held in a gun-free zone.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't know. Vote for Trump, probably. But not just because the status quo isn't working, so it's time for something, anything, different. Might as well elect a Nazi.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Somebody called the Mar-a-Lago club and it's a gun-free zone, too. In other news, Mark Cuban says he'd definitely consider running as Hillary's VP.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

So America needs to tank for draft position? That would be a good reason to bring in Trump.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The government couldn't possibly force a private business to do something it didn't want to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.