1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The final days of McDonald's?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by da man, Oct 16, 2015.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Frozen fish filets don't bother me, but I can't deal with those soggy FiletOFish sammiches.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Back in the 1990s, I ate at the McDonald's restaurant in the corporate headquarters ... and it was the most outstanding fast-food service imaginable. Unfortunately, it was still Golden Arches food ...

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Also changing the name to McDonc. It's a Chicago thing.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Close. It's mcdonc.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You'll love this:

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I never really considered the Big Mac to be the signature item there, although I sure could be wrong. I always considered the Quarter Pounder with Cheese to be the go-to item.

But I certainly agree that there's been a consumer movement away from how fast they can get it and toward how quality you can make it.

I mean, really, if it's as easy to get to a Five Guys -- or a good mom-and-pop shop -- as McD's, and you want a burger, the decision is pretty simple.

9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Do you mean a Royale with Cheese?

10. jr/shotglass

Oui.

I also think that people who aren't in the Northeast think there's an In 'N Out Burger everywhere. I'm sure they're good, but I'm just as sure I've never seen one.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Depends on how much money you have.

12. jr/shotglass

I suppose that's true, too. When I go to McD's, though, I tend to spend almost as much as I do at Five Guys to get a full meal. If I order two Five Guys burgers, I'm getting stuffed halfway through the second.

Draft saved Draft deleted