1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Becky was involved in a secondary women's feud ... and then Emma got hurt.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They won't do it in today's era because that would mean the men would be able to hit her. Not in today's era where domestic violence is a big topic.

They were able to get away with it more with Chyna because in the beginning, she was a heel and would interfere, so the men could rationalize that she somewhat deserved retaliation. In today's world, even if she was evil, it would be said that she wouldn't deserve a man hitting her. Even when Stephanie takes a bump, it's not out of an intentional act from the guy. She just gets caught in the middle.

They could have Charlotte enter the Rumble, make an elimination, then get tossed, and build it similar as a Billie Jean King moment, like they've done in the past. But I don't think anyone would be too comfortable if she was involved in a feud and a guy put her through a table, or something.

3. Baron Scicluna

Logically, they should have just had Dana feud with Becky as revenge. They could have booked it like an old WCW skit, where the camera just catches Emma lying on the floor backstage, and Dana finds her, and finds out Becky did it.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Yeah. Or literally subbed in one of the other 5 or 10 women they now have on the main roster. Instead, it's like they just said, "Eh, fuck it!"

5. Baron Scicluna

Wow, a contract signing that didn't turn physical. And it was damn good.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

From what I saw, Raw was pretty entertaining tonight.

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Gotta hand it to them for the artful way in which they've shown the Shields debut with no visual or audio of CM Punk.

Got a good chuckle out of the Undertaker stationary too.

Those two promo segments with the Shield and then Cena/Styles were both outstanding.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  8. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

You know who I miss? Skipper Elix.

Discuss.

9. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

As opposed to Elix Skipper?

10. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Catching up on Raw:

Tag team stuff happened.

The Ambrose Asylum promo was great. I'm finally invested in the title match, and holy shit did Roman cut a good promo? Will The E give Ambrose the briefcase to tease the long-rumored Shield triple threat?

Women's division stuff happened.

AJ vs Cena: Surely AJ has to win, right? He lost the Rumble, won at Fastlane (which might as well be six years ago in wrestling time), lost at Mania, lost at PayBacklash, lost at Extreme Rules ... Um, at this rate, we're going to look back and think, "AJ Styles, who the hell did he ever beat?"

Can we go back to rasslers in jeans/gimmick shirts when not active in a match? Del Rio standing in trunks, next to an uncomfortable looking Lillian Garcia, holding the ring bell hammer, looks weird.

Discuss, you stupid idiots.

11. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

I don't know if some of you have seen the Bray Wyatt picture that has been posted online today but he drop some serious weight. Bray looks in fantastic shape upon his return and I'm assuming he did it to ensure that he wouldn't reinjure his calf again, which has caused him some problems this year.

Also, upon learning that The Amazing Red was supposed to be in the Cruiserweight Classic, I'm bummed to find out that 3 surgeries on his ankle took him out of it. That tournament is tailor made for someone like Amazing Red. Hell, he could've even gotten an NXT gig out of it.

Finally, Big Damo (UK), Noam Dar (Cruiserweight Classic), Moose (ROH) & Tommy End (wXw) are all expected to join NXT after their WWE Performance Center tryouts in September. I think Moose could go over really huge with NXT. He could basically be whatever they tried to do with Mojo Rawley but couldn't achieve.

12. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Noteworthy moment on NXT this week: Tye Dillinger, who has been working a "Perfect 10" gimmick in recent months, called a backstage interviewer a 6.

Draft saved Draft deleted