1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Too subtle.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

What do you mean? Did he endorse a presidential candidate?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Looks like Trump will be picking Newt for VP. FNC has suspended his contract.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

probably just means he was out harassing the female staffers with Roger Ailes

heyabbott and HanSenSE like this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Newt was on Hannity's radio show today. If he's the pick, he either doesn't know, or he's very good at keeping a secret.

Newt said he expects Trump to make his pick known in the next day or two, and since he hasn't heard, and hasn't made any travel plans, he doesn't think it's him.

Plus, FOX has suspended his contract because he's up for a job, not necessarily the VP job.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This guy's an idiot.

And, he skipped out of the NATO Conference in Warsaw to attend Hamilton. Star fucking buffoon.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

If so, I'm curious how the party of family values will rationalize supporting the most blatantly adulterous ticket in American political history. Republicans better not say another damn word about Bill Clinton's affairs if they're offering up Trump/Newt.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Chris Christie was spotted at a dive drowning his sorrows in gravy and bacon grease. Confirmed.

Lugnuts likes this.
  9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

But if, heaven forbid, another Bush v. Gore comes to pass, she'll have to recuse herself. I'd see no difference between this and justices who have to step aside because they litigated a case in its earlier appellate stages.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There are no rules any more Taptino. She can do what she wants as she's got the power. That was the whole point of Bush v. Gore. If I were advising Obama, I'd tell him (which he'd never consider because he's a better person than me) to simply go on TV and tell the country that as a matter of security, I'm spending that $2 billion on Zika prevention the Congress won't appropriate. Let the Republicans impeach him (for a plain impeachable act) and stage a big trial on how the President is a criminal for trying to prevent a plague.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Lots of pasty faces in the audience at the Trump rally tonight in Indiana.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Well yeah, it's Indiana.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.