1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

A second source confirming Harwood?

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

SpeedTchr, old_tony and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He thinks he can ride the free media gravy train.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Why didn't I just say that? No, I had to go all Trump. #damnit(ChrisFarleyvoice)

old_tony likes this.
  5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Kansas Congressman Tim Huelskamp, one of the Tea Party guys who overthrew Boehner, gets primaried by an obstetrician.

6. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

The GOP establishment finally is well and truly reaping what it has sown.

I just hope in the aftermath of what is certain to be an epic landslide defeat, there is an actual recalibration and a move away from the religious extremism and exclusionary policies that make it all but impossible to win a national election today.

If that happens and the GOP identifies a new generation of leaders committed to pursuing "big tent" policies, the Year of Trump ultimately will have been worth the humiliation.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Curious about this ... Is being "pro-life" exclusionary or not? And if it is, whom is being excluded?

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

So let me see if I've got it all. This week alone, Trump has:

1) insisted that Putin would never invade Crimea, something that happened already and was among the most important world events of recent years

2) paused his speech to kick a baby out of his rally

3) lied about receiving an authentic Purple Heart from a veteran, talked about how he "always wanted one."

4) continued to pick a fight with the parents of a dead soldier, while his surrogates blame people for Rules of Engagement changes that those people were literally not in power to change until years after his death.

5) tweeted a picture that shows he was reading a printout of the Wikipedia page of the Syrian refugee crisis

And it is only fucking Tuesday.

9. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

I don't know how to answer that question, but I guess I just wish the GOP would get away from the cultural issues and build a platform around the economy/jobs/limited government.

Even as a pro-life person, I don't think that issue is one that wins at the ballot box. You wind up turning away too many people who might agree with the rest of your ideas for a zero percent chance at overturning Roe.

FileNotFound likes this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Has there been a worse day for a major party candidate?

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Did anything ever come of that early report that he had the Muslim students booted before he spoke today?

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If he had said that and then shut up, he'd have done about as well as possible. The problem is the he's impulsive, thin skinned, has to have the last word, and has a compulsive need to tweet. That's a PR nightmare any time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.