1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Has Trump denied it? The story has been live for almost 48 hours now, right? I'm reaching the conclusion he wants people to consider "first strike whenever I feel like it" as the Trump Doctrine.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Almost as scary as a "no first strike" policy.

old_tony likes this.
  3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I think there was some really bland denial. Can't find it though.

I'm curious about something else, since Yankee won't answer my question about why no Republican (literally not one) raised an objection about his trillion dollar infrastructure plan:

If Trump isn't going to fight for other Republicans like Ryan and McCain and Ayotte, why would they fight for him?

When do we all come to the conclusion he is not in this for anyone but Trump, and even the idea that he will be with them on policy or appointments is fantasy? He won't appoint a "true conservative" to the Supreme Court? He'll appoint a friend like Christie. Or one of his kids. This is the greatest shakedown in modern political history. If Trump wins and starts proposing a trillion in new spending on roads, how will you have won in any way shape or form?

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

DD --

Because she's a bitch.

The conservative movement over the last 25 years has been primarily about stopping the Clintons. And if Trump doesn't win, the Clintons finish the sweep.

Double Down likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fuck that. Just sit tight until the election.

If the Dems flip the Senate as expected, when the New Democratic Senate is sworn in on the morning of Jan. 2, confirm Garland by an up-down voice vote -- no hearings.
    And
    Then, the second the gavel comes down on THAT, Ginsburg and Breyer submit their resignations effective immediately. And Obama then nominates two bright and bushy 38-year-old flaming liberals who will be on the Supreme Court until 2060. And they are confirmed instantly. By sundown.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You can't force an up-down vote in the Senate without the ability to break a filibuster

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No one objected because:

A. It's not a real plan. No one believes it's a plan.

2. Even if it was a plan, a republican congress wouldn't pass it, so they don't need to object as long as they don't fund it.

C. A republican congress could/would more effectively oppose a President Trump than they can a President Obama, because there would be no down side.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Animal_House_Rolling.jpg

Forget it, he's rolling.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Technically Chelsea is old enough to now run for president. We could get a Clinton hat trick ...

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

As a voter, how am I to determine the fake plans (I like trillions of spending on government projects and also maybe using nukes) from the real plans?

Is there a decoder ring? Will you lend me yours?

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If the Dems take control of the Senate, the filibuster goes out the window. That's a baseline assumption.

The retarded children have been allowed to play with the loaded gun too long. Rip it out of their hands and point it right between their eyes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.