1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wouldn't call Obama's approach to world affairs aggressive.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Because he doesn't use the right words?

3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

It certainly turned out different from from what the Noble Peace Prize Committee expected and
    that of his 2008 Inagural address:

"
    Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with the sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

We are the keepers of this legacy. Guided by these principles once more we can meet those new threats that demand even greater effort, even greater cooperation and understanding between nations. We will begin to responsibly leave Iraq to its people and forge a hard-earned peace in Afghanistan. With old friends and former foes, we'll work tirelessly to lessen the nuclear threat, and roll back the specter of a warming planet."

old_tony likes this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You're no @Starman ...

5. Mr. Sunshine

I thought you were smart.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I only say that because that has been your response before. You've made the argument about how his "political correctness" is hurting us in the war on terror.

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

8. Mr. Sunshine

I don't equate honesty with aggression. If a president can't responsibly define a threat, that demonstrates a lack of leadership and/or indifference, IMO. Actually, indifferent is probably the best word to describe Obama's foreign policy approach. What that ultimately means is not something you can honestly portray in a history book five minutes after he is out of office.

9. Mr. Sunshine

To clarify, I think the slavish devotion to political correctness is much more than a foreign policy threat.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Good ole boy Clint Eastwood gave a nice testimonial to political correctness this week in esquire, essentially revealing it to be: I'm mad I can't be openly racist and misogynistic anymore. Get over it, decendants of slaves. Get over 400 years of horror so I can still use the N-word.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

We're all adults here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.