1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

To the extent Trump actually has a strategy, I think it would be to keep the base ginned up, and hope that Wikileaks rides to the rescue at some point.

2. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Morning Joe used to be a good show. It was distinct and interesting because it was different.
    Always had a political slant but it also had a broader scope with interesting guests outside of
    the usual Washington suspects that just make the rounds. Now it's all political all the time and
    they adjust to whatever way the political winds are blowing.

Lugnuts likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

You have to wonder how much the uncomfortable flare-up yesterday about Mika being a Democrat that no one wanted to hear from affected night-time activities.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hasn't been the same since Joe started banging Mika.

He used to like to provoke her, and get under her skin.

Now, he's constantly trying to stay on her good side, and avoid getting in trouble with her.

Lugnuts likes this.
  5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

The man is deranged. Doesn't seem to even have the mental capacity to grasp the way decent human beings think. The RNC seriously needs to be looking for a way to revoke this guy's nomination, better than standing behind the loon steering their ship straight toward that iceberg.

And Ted Cruz looks smarter every day. He knew the ship be sinking and jumped off that motherfucker first.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    Lugnuts likes this.
  6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Aren't you the one who keeps posting pictures of volleyballs? What's that about?

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It's ok. Boston Cincinnati isn't much of a college conservative town.

8. Earthman

The economy is really not that great. If is was The Fed would have started to jack up interest rates by now. It's a tinder box. A growth rate of 1 % does not make for a good economy.

Obamacare has it's good points but the reality is that it is definitely hurt the business environment
    and in turn our economy.

The Clinton team is happy that Trump keeps starting inane discussions such as whether Obama started ISIS because then they don't have to discuss the failings in our economy.

9. Dick Whitman

He forgets how he reeled her in in the first place. A lot of men do that, I guess. It's like a coach switching to a new defense in the Final Four. Joe's out-smarting himself. She was really hurt yesterday. It was uncomfortable to watch, if you knew the subtext.

10. Earthman

I think the show started going down hill when their original executive producer Chris Licht left.
    The show used to have a much broader content.

In way of fun sidebar I had an inkling to Joe and Mika's closer relationship last summer. One of local coffee shops in the area has a nice quiet area with couches. I went in one day and much to my surprise there were Joe and Mika huddled closely together clearly more than just co- anchors.

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

My investments continue to grow, and in the last five years I've gone back to school, changed careers and picked between 10 job offers before finally settling on a 50-percent raise. Interest rates are low. There's no inflation.

I understand all my evidence is anecdotal, but in exactly what way are you measuring to determine the "economy is really not that great"?

12. Dick Whitman

I would say slow growth and the growing inequality gap. If a Republican were in charge of this recovery, Democrats would be attacking it pretty ferociously, as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.