1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The Bush twins were older when their father was elected than Malia will be when the president finishes his term. And, you know, they got busted a couple of times. I'm of the mindset that it's not a big deal when college kids get in trouble for partying, but there's just no good way to make a legitimate comparison between the two.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Bushes? Malia? Dick Cheney's adult and out-and-proud daughter? Get a grip, guys. Rush and John McCain told ugly jokes about teenage Chelsea Clinton.

I could argue that not even Trump has gotten that low.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's sort of remarkable that Hillary ever forgave McCain for that. They actually have admitted to being friendly.

I believe Limbaugh apologized at some point, though not to Chelsea. It's still the cruelest thing I think we've seen in politics. Rove suggesting the McCains adopted daughter from Bangledesh was an illegitimate spawn of an affair is right up there though.

swingline and Lugnuts like this.
  4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

When did the Bush daughters flash their ass or get get caught on camera smoking a joint?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

She wasn't even a teen yet.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But this is how his people handle every gaffe. If he didn't really mean something, we (as voters and in the media) need to look at someone or something else.

It beats the heck out of trying to deal with a candidate who's a few frijoles short of a combo meal (Mexican food chosen on purpose).

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I assume you are either trolling or you are as dim as I initially thought.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Trump suggested Ben Carson's temper - that Ben Carson, genius life saving surgeon - was incurable in the way a child molester is incurable.

In a conversation about Ben Carson's personality, Trump played the pedophile card.

And that wasn't anywhere near one of his biggest one-liners.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I still go with beating up on the teenager.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Take a walk, man. You have turned into a very hateful person.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Me too.

Mocking a disability though...

LongTimeListener likes this.
  12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Clearly Malia can handle her intoxicants better than the Bushes, since she managed to control herself in public and not get picked up by the cops. That's about the only judgment call I'm comfortable making when the subject is teenagers behaving like teenagers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.