1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Where was he with African-Americans in the NBC/SurveyMonkey poll that came out yesterday?

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You're right. Cutting social security and Medicare are just among the top priorities of the GOP establishment, usually mentioned hand in hand with scary predictions about the debt your children and grandchildren will need to pay out of their personal savings accounts.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Pardon me while I pick myself up off the floor ... :p

4. YankeeFan

You're the one who constantly points out that the problems in the African-American community are a result of policy failures.

But the policy never changes and Hillary is the candidate of the status quo.

At some point, don't we have to accept that an unwillingness to change policy means that the policies aren't failing, but are in fact working as intended?

Democrats benefit from an African-American underclass.

old_tony likes this.
  5. cranberry

That's silly. Do you think if poverty and the racism (both overt and institutional) that helps entrap a disproportionate number of African-Americans in it ended tomorrow that all of a sudden African-Americans would decide to become Republicans?

6. YankeeFan

I think the split would change, especially as the realization that racist Democrat policies were a part of what trapped them in poverty became prevalent.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

None of this has anything to do with my post.

8. YankeeFan

Trump: You walk down the street today in the inner city and you get shot!

Media: How dare you! That's not true. Crime is at an all time low. Your suggestion is racist, and suggests that all African-Americans live in poverty.

KROFT: This is a tough question to ask, but a number of years ago, Colin Powell was thinking about running for president, and his wife, Alma, really did not want him to run.

MICHELLE OBAMA: Mm-hmm.

KROFT: She was worried about some crazy person with a gun.

MICHELLE OBAMA: Mm-hmm.

KROFT: Is that something that you think about?

MICHELLE OBAMA: I don't lose sleep over it, because the realities are that, you know, as a black man, you know, Barack can get shot going to the gas station, you know. So, you know, you can't -- you know, you can't make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen. We just weren't raised that way.

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Examples of racist Democrat policies?

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I am convinced some posters on this thread get by on two hours or less of sleep a day, which may explain the tone of many posts.

11. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Clinton crime bill
    Clinton welfare bill

12. cranberry

That's delusional. If you want to say that not every policy effort Democrats have championed has succeeded, sure, but to say any of it was rooted in racism or that GOP policy positions have been developed in the best interests of impoverished African-Americans is simply untrue.

Lugnuts likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.