1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Jesus .... keep him away from us or Canada will have to build its own wall. :eek:

Riptide likes this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Every single thing you said (except being First Lady, of course) could also have been said about Richard Nixon in 1968. Only he might have been less corrupt.

I'm not wild about Trump. At all. I'll probably wind up voting for Gary Johnson (or myself) as a protest vote. Trump is not a good candidate and would not be a good leader. Neither would Hillary. She's probably competent in the way that a middle manager at a large corporation is competent. She can handle some things, and even be left in charge while the boss is on vacation for a week, but you'd never promote them to CEO.
    There is nothing about her that would unite a politically divided country. I don't think she has any inspiring ideas, and if she does then why haven't they been tried already? If they have been tried, then why is she suggesting we need to do things differently? As you pointed out, she's certainly been close enough to have the ear of the president for 16 of the last 24 years.
    And I won't even trudge very deep into her shady ethics, other than to say that they're probably not quite as serious as the right makes them out to be, way more serious than the left tries to make them, yet definitely serious enough that 99.999999 percent of all other politicians would never have made it to this stage if the same accusations were attached to them. And, considering that, there's enough smoke there to give me pause about giving her the keys to the entire kingdom. Said keys would probably end up on an episode of "Pawn Stars" by 2018.

I appreciate and respect your reasoned take on why you'll vote for Hillary. You've obviously given it some thought. Just like I and many others on the other side of the aisle have given thought about why we won't vote for her.

bigpern23 and old_tony like this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

three_bags_full and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

On Nov. 22, 1963, John F. Kennedy flew from Ft. Worth to Dallas in Air Force One, a 6-minute flight.

Noted budget hawk Lee Harvey Oswald fixed his ass for that blatant waste of money.

Batman and Webster like this.
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Trump is the director's commentary to his own Teleprompter speech.

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Nice cartoon of Hillary voters. Your point?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thank you for making another one of my points, tony. I'm not talking about all Trump voters. I'm talking about ones who have proven themselves to be lemmings such as you and YF. You just lump everybody who disagrees with you together like the lazy, unthinking political fanboy that you are.

Watch that first step off the cliff, tony. Hopefully, you won't take the rest of the country down with you. (Unlike you, I want things to go well for the United States no matter who is in the White House. You have been hoping things would go badly since the moment Obama took office. You would rather this country suffer than a Democrat get any credit for anything.)

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Much as I appreciate the humorous take and your accurate recounting of history, I believe HanSenSE was making reference to one of SJ.com's favorite inside jokes about Lake Tahoe being 15 minutes from anywhere.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Tonight was maybe the most deranged he's ever been. This is a truly awful person. And none of what he's stoking is going away. It's white nationalist rage, and watching how some of the media has normalized him is a disgrace.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You capable of your own material?

How many tonight?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.