1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

His grandpa was an everyman who made it big, though -- by fleeing to America to avoid serving in the military in Germany, making money running a whorehouse and building a bar on land he didn't own. And probably killing a guy or two.

The American Dream!

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Now do the Kennedys ...

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Bootlegging and movie making are more legit ways of being crooked!

doctorquant likes this.
  4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

When I hear him talk about the size of his penis during a debate, I think, "Man - this guy looks so Presidential."

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. The polls say what they say. I'm sorry you disagree with people's assessment. I disagree with it, too. But the polls say what they say.

Also, after weeks of dismissing a relentless onslaught of theorizing about her health, the first unguarded glimpse we get of Hillary is of her passing out on a beautiful day, then lying about it for hours. Was that "presidential"?

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I think the point is people who say Donald looks Presidential in debates are morons.

Presidents are allowed to be sick and still look Presidential. Presidents aren't allowed to lob dick jokes on national TV and still look Presidential.

I can't speak for the collective intelligence of the American people.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No one cares about the dick jokes any more. That was the primary. A different season.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Millions of Americans see it, and saw it over numerous seasons of his successful TV show, and TV appearances.

(I'm guessing Trump haters never watched the Apprentice, or his appearances over the years on shows like FOX & Friends. If you haven't been exposed to him the way millions of Americans have been, you can't possibly understand his appeal.)

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I do. It continues to illustrate how completely immature this imbecile really is.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yep. It's a different audience.

And, standing next to Mike Hickabee and Bobby Jindal isn't what makes you look presidential.

Standing alone on a stage with Hillary Clinton will. She's essentially the incumbent, and going one-on-one with her puts him on her level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.