1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

“If a candidate is erratic and threatening; if a candidate traffics in prejudice, fears and lies on the campaign trail; if a candidate thinks that not paying taxes makes you smart, or that it’s good business when people lose their homes; if a candidate regularly and flippantly makes cruel and insulting comments about women, about how we look, how we act — well, sadly, that’s who that candidate really is,” Mrs. Obama told an audience of mostly students at La Salle University in Philadelphia. “That is the kind of president they will be.”

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right, given their ability to point out the hypocrisy of and ultimately put a stop to the Benghazi and e-mail scandals.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

YF, your quizzically neutral posts are your best posts on this thread, hands down.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Before she retired my mother was a CPA with her own practice in my middle-of-nowhere small town. Like most small-town business-people, she spent too much time chasing down clients who owed her money.

One client who got into her pretty good was a local real estate developer. He peaked long before some of the really big scores around there, but for a time he was riding pretty high. And, of course, like all real estate developers, a lot of his riding high was propped up by small-time creditors.

Anyway, for his business my mother did the usual stuff -- taxes, quarterly reports, etc. And of course he almost always was behind on his bills with her. Once, however, he got way the hell behind ... like more than a year's worth. My mother would put up with a lot, but once she crossed a certain point, there was no going back. And when he, more than a year in arrears, called her wondering when his quarterly reports would be ready to be picked up ... well, that was one of those times.

She told him that she had his quarterly reports ready, but that he could not get them until he brought her a check for the entirety of his balance. He tried this and that tack, but she stood firm: No check, no quarterly reports. And none of this rubber-check bullshit. No quarterly reports until the check cleared. As those reports were due the next day, and the penalty for being late was going to be pretty steep, he had no choice. He got somebody to drop the check off and then she sent her secretary up the street to the bank (they both banked at the same place).

Upon being assured that the check was good, my mother called the guy up ... and told him to come pick up his files. She hadn't done his quarterly reports, and she wasn't going to either.

Riptide, swingline, Alma and 11 others like this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Somebody congratulate the blind pig for finding an acorn.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

From the same speech: "The president can’t just pop off or lash out irrationally. No, we need an adult in the White House, I guarantee you.”

Suck on it, Fucko. You gonna take that kind of shit off a n****r b***ch?

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Trump: Tells us all about the weight of famous women. Can't tell us a thing about his plan to stop ISIS or his taxes. Definitely has his pulse on what's important.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You got something right? You'll have to point out the post.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

We got by the last eight years without an adult.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

What would his cyber-savvy kid say about this?

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Surprised Trump isn't running on a platform of making American women hotter with mandatory exercise, fat shaming and bulimia encouraged.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.