1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ok, set aside the GHBTP money quote. You still have a married man *who is running for president* happily discussing his attempt to seduce a married woman so he could screw her, and discussing what works best for him when he does so.

And no one seems to have a problem with that, not even the evangelicals.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Bill Clinton was impeached for having an affair?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

His comments were pretty gross, and no one wants to defend them, but because of that, some of the "nuance" is going unmentioned.

He was clearly saying that women consent to his behavior. I also don't think he was saying it was his first move. I think he was saying he moves quickly, going from kissing to grabbing pretty quickly.

It's also pretty clear that he does take "no" for an answer. He moved on Nancy O'Dell, even took her furniture shopping, and got nowhere with her.

Starman likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Multiplying by zero doesn't get you far.

doctorquant likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't know how anybody who said this ...

"I don't necessarily agree with his victims. His victims are terrible. He is, he is really a victim himself. But he put himself in that position."
    "These people are just, I don't know, where he met them - where he found them. But the whole group — it's truly an unattractive cast of characters. Linda Tripp, Lucianne Goldberg, I mean, this woman, I watch her on television. She is so bad. The whole group, Paula Jones, Lewinsky, it's just a really unattractive group. I'm not just talking about physical."

... could be a person in good standing in their political party either.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

100 percent. Look, the comments were crass. But to make a giant logical leap to say that Trump was advocating widespread sexual assault by saying those words is something I'm a little uncomfortable with. I'm also a little uncomfortable with everyone calling Bill Clinton a rapist when in fact he hasn't been convicted of raping anyone. I'm also a little uncomfortable with how the right-wing media has demonized Hillary Clinton. While I fully agree that she's shady as shit, the right-wing media has pounded into the collective psyche of Americans that she is the worst, most corrupt politician to ever try to run for President. I'm not quite sure that's true. There is no room for nuance any more. Fuck this election.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I don't believe for a split second that will happen.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

OK. And if that's so bad - and it is - then why the need to embellish/distort?

9. Neutral Corner

I know what he was impeached for... but it is Monica Lewinsky that blew up on him.

Damn near everyone who gets caught having an affair lies about it. I think most people understand that, and it was part of why he got voted back in, that and the Republicans blatantly overplaying it.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sure grope first. Get permission later.

It's smart leadership, not a crime.

11. Neutral Corner

Given how shocking that tape was - and it was way over the top the first couple of times you heard it, even if you already knew what he said there was no way in hell it does not get all kinds of press, good and badly done.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Easy with the locker-room banter, there, big guy ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.