1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Let's rename the dinner after the guy who treated a nineteen-year-old intern like this:

While Alford says the president made her feel special, she also says that he had a “dark side.” The most disturbing incident occurred at the White House pool, Alford says.

JFK aide Powers was sitting poolside while Alford and Kennedy swam. Alford claims Kennedy whispered in her ear that Powers looked tense and asked her, ‘Would you take care of it.’

Alford writes in her book, ‘I knew exactly what he meant. Take care of it. That was a challenge to give Dave Powers oral sex. I don’t think the president thought I’d do it, but I’m ashamed to say that I did.”

An emotional Alford told Vieira that the incident still makes her sad and angry.

“It makes me angry because I didn’t just splash water in the president’s face and tell him to get lost,” Alford said. “It makes me sad because I did it.”

JFK aide Powers died in 1998, before Alford came forward with her secret.

Alford claims the president asked her to “take care” of his brother, freshman Senator Ted Kennedy, in the fall of 1963 towards the end of their affair, but she refused.

White House intern speaks about JFK affair: 'I was sort of swept into this web'

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Its like when baseball teams beg fans to vote for players in the All-Star game.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Trump supporters deserve to be shamed. They need to be shamed.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The list of people YF doesn't want us to vote for because of the way they treated women now includes Bill Clinton, JFK, Ted Kennedy and Chris Dodd. But not Donald Trump.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The "So-and-so's not on the ballot" is a b.s. non-sequitur.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Which is Gloria Allred's reasoning for supporting Clinton, right?

And, no one seems offended by this.

But, if you support Trump for the same reason, the left -- and admittedly some on the right -- would argue you are evil, and would like to drum you out of polite society.

It's got to work both ways.

Even at the hight of Trump's rise in the polls, if each side had been offered a chance to swap out BOTH candidates -- let's make it Pence vs. Kaine -- a huge number of Republicans would have jumped at that opportunity.

Would many Dems have taken the offer?

Some Dems may say that Hillary "isn't perfect" but they weren't about to abandon her. They were willing to risk a Trump presidency to support her.

7. Inky_Wretch

As is dredging up accusations against dead politicians to justify the actions of one currently running for office.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Again from that excellent George Will column.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Speaking of b.s., let's talk about your use of the word "justify" there ...

10. Inky_Wretch

Sorry, you're right. I should have said "excuse" or "deflect criticism from" instead of "justify." My bad.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Yet to hear his supporters this morning on the shows, the Republicans are supposed to ignore all that, and the tapes, and close formation behind him. No clue whatsoever that not only has he crapped on the base, he's driving a stake through the heart of what's left of a fracturing party.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.