1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

THERE is why you are a snob.

When you say "around here," you are speaking only for yourself. Don't take yourself so seriously as to think you're the voice of this board.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My recall is not what it used to be as a younger man. But I'm certain that I was not on an island in believing "just stop" was not an airtight policy solution.

3. jr/shotglass

I'm not talking about the policy. I'm talking about the fallacy of taking one thing Write said and extrapolating that to not having "earned the benefit of the doubt around here." You've said plenty of things that, taken on their own, would earn that same declaration from many of the board members.

Nobody's earned the benefit of the doubt around here. And everybody's earned the benefit of the doubt around here. The decision of which side you stand on anyone else is your own personal opinion.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You're the Trevor Noah of SJ. And about as funny, too.

;)

5. jr/shotglass

Hey, he had a good stand-up special on CC. ;)

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Smart doesn't preclude one from doing wrong. In fact, smart + capability to do wrong is a bad combination.

If Julian Assange is telling the truth in his assertion that “We can say that the Russian government is not the source” for the hacked emails, was it "smart" for HRC and her minions to spend the past three months blaming them?

As to her resume . . . if you apply for a job, and your "reference" gives the kind of statement Comey made about HRC last July, do you think you're getting the job?

I guess everybody wants to be a 1 percenter about something. Congratulations.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You are responding to an imaginary post.

8. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

He probably is, but concern doesn't necessarily equate to having tangible cause for concern. I read those in his campaign were a mess the whole end of the 2008 cycle. They later found out folks on the McCain side were taking it easy, already having accepted the loss.

That said, might as well go all out, try to bury 'em deep and pat the dirt.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Was great in The Client, too.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. jr/shotglass

Brad Renfro!

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I've worked on campaigns as a volunteer when my son was a paid staffer. You bust your ass as long as you can stay awake every day until the polls close. Only way you can win.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.