1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Because the plane that was supposed to do so crashed in Pennsylvania after a fight with the passengers?

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

The Dems, at this point, have to suck it up and take the loss. All these columns and social media campaigns vowing to fight back harder than ever ... and yet when the time came to vote harder than ever, the Dems didn't turn out.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Nope. That one was bound for the Capital.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Once again Obama's fear of looking like the "angry black man" proved fatal.

When Comey sent the first letter, Obama should have fired him immediately, publicly accused him (issued a formal statement to that effect ) of engaging in conspiracy to influence the election, and directed Lynch to prosecute him and co-conspirators for violating the Hatch Act.

But instead he figured they could probably ride it out. He didn't want to look like the angry black man.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Good point, but where does (or did) Clinton, Inc., end and this power structure begin? Herself and her inner circle seemed to be the search committee.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. doctorquant

YASFD ...

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is a generalization, but stop kissing the ass of Hollywood and Wall Street would be a nice start. Does it matter in the social media age if Jennifer Aniston donates a portion of her fortune? The party stopped even attempting to converse with middle America. It sold out. Bernie Sanders sounded the alarm and no one listened, self included.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Puerto Ricans fear they will be next.

9. doctorquant

Admit it ... you were jonesing for Lena Dunham as director of the NEA.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

There's just no wild-eyed theory you're not going to put out there, is there?

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

So many of Sanders' supporters were so goddamned stupid, I couldn't get jazzed about his "revolution." I'll never forget the dipshit arguing passionately that Bernie believed in a flat tax during the Iowa Caucus. But, much like Trump, he had a concise and appealing overarching message.

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I'm not joking about it, but I have to think that from a Secret Service standpoint, if he's going to be spending weekends in a 55-story tower in the middle of the biggest city in the country, that's got to be a nightmare from their standpoint. And I don't know where Trump Tower is situated in regards to anything else in New York, but the spillover effect on nearby buildings is going to be significant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.