1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I heard somewhere that Romney won rural voters 59-41. Trump won them 62-38. Now, 3 percent helped turn the election. But he basically won a one-run game.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I love it that the media is going to Glenn Beck -- a con man, a conspiracy theorist, and a guy who pitches gun safes and food insurance to his audience -- for comments about Steve Bannon.

Of course Glenn is happy to call him dangerous.

Now, let's imagine a world where Glenn Beck is chosen as President Elect Ted Cruz's top White House strategist, in return for the work he did to get Cruz elected.

The same media would be calling Beck dangerous, and would probably be going to Steve Bannon for a quote.

Songbird likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Which is a hell of a lot scarier than him turning it into Russia.

I kind of like that. No preconceived enemies. "We can work together until you prove to me that we can't." Could be a disaster, but the current system was on a treadmill to nowhere.

4. YankeeFan

By all means, I encourage the left to double down on identity politics, and racial division.

5. Dick Whitman

Oh, I certainly like pragmatism and flexibility, in a vacuum. I'm not dogmatic, and I don't want my president to be dogmatic. But I do want him to have some coherent starting points.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

At least we'll win at football.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... or a crook? Or some Machiavellian figure who has had people killed? Or a secret Mooslim? Your indignation would be interesting if it weren't inundated in bullshit.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  8. YankeeFan

LOL. I'm sure that would be the same message of Hillary won 300+ EVs.

He won Ohio, which Obama won twice, and where the sitting Republican governor was working against him, by 8.5 points.

He won Iowa, which Obama won twice, by 9.5 points.

The vote was way up in Florida, and he still won.

He could have lost Florida, and still won the election.

It was a fucking route.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

If there's one thing we know about Trump, it's that he always takes personal responsibility and would never throw anyone under the bus or whine like a petulant child to cover for his own failings.

Killick likes this.
  10. Dick Whitman

Yeah, she was terrible. I don't know who or what you are arguing against.

11. Dick Whitman

If this thread is going to turn into, "Donald Trump is the second coming of Winston Churchill," there are better ways I can spend my down time. There were Obama backers like that, and I've been very happy that they left to congregate at their own happy land.

12. Dick Whitman

We should have a "Hillary Clinton" jar for YF to put money into the way some families have a "swear jar." So I've heard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.